Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Living Bate Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:16 am
What would yours be?

like one album you think.....fug I wish I had done that production!....

i'd have to go with:

Lewis Parker - Masquerades & Silhouettes
By Lampdog Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:43 am
YES, those are equally GREAT shits too!

Guessing it would be a hard fit to put a recent rap album into this thread.
By terry towelling Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:42 am
Living Bate wrote:is that the best of Brian Eno stuff?

i generally find his shit just so uneventful

i guess eno is uneventful. like meditating in a japanese mountain top temple, staring at a 1000 year old image of buddha is uneventful. some people dig it, some don't. might also be an age/drug issue. if you didn't spent your formative years dropping acid and listening to eno, then he might not seem so special.

the best eno production? talking heads "once in a lifetime" or "here come the warm jets"

By JVC Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:55 am
Queen Latifah - All Hail the Queen. It is almost always fail to be mentioned, when we list great Hip Hop LPs. The production on this LP is top notch, one of the 45 King's best.
By drunkmonkey5556 Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:35 am
terry towelling wrote:
Living Bate wrote:is that the best of Brian Eno stuff?

i generally find his shit just so uneventful

i guess eno is uneventful. like meditating in a japanese mountain top temple, staring at a 1000 year old image of buddha is uneventful. some people dig it, some don't. might also be an age/drug issue. if you didn't spent your formative years dropping acid and listening to eno, then he might not seem so special.

the best eno production? talking heads "once in a lifetime" or "here come the warm jets"

ha.... definitely didn't expect to see someone put a Brian Eno album in this thread. yeah Eno has even said that his goal is to make his music as uneventful as possible. thats a solid choice though, Brian Eno is on another level. never thought of tripping to his music but i'm curious as to what that'd be like.

if i had to choose right now, it would probably be any of Alchemists newest solo albums, or the ones he did for Prodigy, Curren$y, Boldy James, etc. But on a different day I'd probably have a different answer.
By Harmoncj Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:16 am
drunkmonkey5556 wrote:
yeah Eno has even said that his goal is to make his music as uneventful as possible.

Probably of his ambient series. You could definitely put on "here come the warm jets" at a party, it sounds great , exciting music, he was so creative. It's these vocal / experimental pop music he was doing I honestly wonder why he dropped off with it:
"taking tiger mountain"
"here come the warm jets"
"another green world"
"before and after science"

These are all legitimate albums, I guess it was a time and place for it but I just don't see how his discography can possibly pit like a few piano notes for (what feels like) 2 whole hours to count an album when he also has "here come he warm jets" I can't recommend this album enough, it should be a fairly common find in a used record bin. It holds up