Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By mullethed Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:50 pm
anyone know what drums lewis parker sampled up for his first LP??
theres one track with the baddest snare on it and Im doin my box trying to figure out how he made/where he sampled such a resonate snare sound??

anyone know which one Im on about - UK heds plz...??

m* :( :lol:

By mullethed Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:45 pm
I take it thats a NO then??

:cry:

By ieism Fri Apr 18, 2003 9:02 am
I think you'll have a hard time tracking his samples down, he's digs pretty deep. I had to write a review on his last album and tried to find what he sampled, no luck.

By mullethed Sun Apr 20, 2003 4:56 pm
the first track - the snares rock - eye blinkin stuff!

:lol:

m*

By JAMES Tue Apr 22, 2003 9:53 pm
whats the track called?

By mullethed Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:50 am
Theme From "The Ancients" - snares are hard as fark.
By fourtytwoblues Sat May 03, 2003 1:22 pm
the hook for this is on one of those readers digest records you see in every oxfam shop....its on the hits from the movies vinyl....
also lewis is sick but his samples kinda pop up everywhere, and he robbed madlibs best bass line for his new l.p, dont ask me track titles i never know them.... madlib flipped it better unfortunately.

By persu001 Mon May 05, 2003 7:53 am
Yeh, he has nice drums. it sounds like he downsamples a lot to make his drums nice and dirty. You could use your mpc for this, or experiment with the windows sound recorder. It can sound cool, especially if u dont got an expensive sampler, like an sp1200.

By ieism Mon May 05, 2003 8:45 am
I think he used an Akai 950 a lot for his last album.

By mullethed Mon May 05, 2003 12:55 pm
check morganna kings LP 'a taste of honey' - the last bar of the first track was completely jacked for the first single - ingognito.

not so incognito now though!!

spaekin of which has anyone got the easter island ep for sale with lewis and braintax??

cheers
:D m*
By fourtytwoblues Mon May 05, 2003 4:42 pm
and im keepin it
but doesnt suspect packages still have em.
plus I know its a bit odd but you could get it off hmv.co.uk website for a while
its hot
anyone got the options ep for sale????????