Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Mouse Thu Apr 24, 2003 2:14 am
I would like to know how i can get sounds from my Pc to my MPC i have an external hardrive connected to my MPC and i have my MPC going into my mixer which is also hooked to my PC via M-audio soundcard i have many programs on my pc i.e cool edit pro,logic,sound forge, i want to take a sample from my mp and filter it through cool edit pro and put it back on my mpc and add my drums bassline, etc.. i tried floppy but mp wont read wav. from PC. So is there a way i can hook my scsi hard drive to my PC? any suggestion would be greatly appreciated

By elmacaco Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:45 am
highlight your waves on your computer and use the wav to snd to convert them to snd.

found here:

http://www.mpc3000.com

By freq Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:01 am
What's your OS? I'm still not sure how or why it worked, but when I was runnning 98se, I had no problems dumping wave files to the MP. I saved my waves to a usb zip drive and the zip disk read the files just fine on the MP. I'd then load the files and save them as a program which ultimately converted them to .snd files. Since I switched to XP Pro, I can't get the .wav files to read at all on the MP.

I think that's a lot of work compared to the wav2snd utility mentioned above.

By Mouse Thu Apr 24, 2003 11:58 am
freq my os is the one that came with my mp, i also have a scsi hd how can i hook that up to my Pc, i downloaded wav2snd but i have dealing with floppy(it's so damn slow and that noise is a pain) since i don't have a zip, so the Hd is the fastest way? any suggestions

By brainwashcloth Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:01 pm
you probably do not want to hook your scsi hd to the pc. you would need a scsi controller card, and some scsi2 - scsi3 adapter depending on one the drive and the interface on the back of the scsi controller card for your pc. i am not sure what filesystem the mpc uses for scsi hd's (that are mpc formatted). probably fat and you might be ok, but there is a good chance windows would either not recognize the file system structure on the hd (and prompt you to format it, or it not show up at all), or it might end up messing up the structure or filesystem in such a way that the mpc wouldnt recognize the files once you hook the hd back up to mpc. the one person that might really really know would be mike that makes the mpc editor software. his site is www.midicase.com he has some faqs he put together on the mpc and i know i have seen photos where he rackmounted his scs hd for the mpc. if you dont find a good answer there i would try emailing him to see if he knows. i have never tried to connect my scsi hd to my mpc (i just use a zip drive on each for transfer)

By brainwashcloth Thu Apr 24, 2003 1:05 pm
also, a scsi zip would be a good way to go anyways, because the way you are setup right now, you have no way to backup your mpc files that are on the scsi hd. if anything ever happened to the hd you would loose everything. i back my sounds up from my zip onto the scsi hd and also onto the pc.

By Mouse Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:36 pm
aight thanks brainwash i guess i'll have to get a zip i should just get an internal cause i hear you can blow the fuse on the scsi really easy, i really don't like disconnecting my HD, hey does that wav2snd prg work i guess it'll have to do for now
peace

By maddog Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:03 am
get recycle 2.0 and use the .wav to import your sample into the mpc using floopy or zip.

By KoolSha178 Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:48 am
YOU NEED A ZIP, A MUST!!!

By brainwashcloth Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:04 pm
mouse,
dont sweat the scsi fuse, just make sure all scsi devices are powered off before unplugging or replugging always and you will be fine. i am not sure about wav2snd i always used to use awave (converts about any kind of sound) to convert from snd's to waves and back. now i just use mpc editor. awave is a must have though cause any sample format you can find, you can convert it to wave or snd.