Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By TREV Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:18 pm
I HAVE A 4000 AND AM MAKING PLENTY OF TRACK ON THE MACHINE....

I AM HOPING TO GO TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH MY LOW BUGGET STUDIO.....HAHA.... ANY WAY

IS IT TRUE THAT I CAN MAKE ALL MY SONGS ON THE 4K AND THEN AT THE END OF SUMMER WHEN I GET A COMPUTER AND OTHER GEAR. I CAN DUMP THE SONGS INTO PRO TOOLS OR ANOTHER PROGRAM AND ADJUST ALL THE SETTING AND EQ EVERYTHING FOR A LOW BUGGET FINAL MIX..... AS LONG AS I KEEP ALL THE KICKS, SNARE, HAT, EXTRA... ON SEPERATE TRACKS????

JUST WONDERING WHAT TO DO SO I DON'T WASTE TIME WHILE I TRY AND STACK SOME CHIPS..... WHAT SHOULD I GET NEXT??? I HAVE THE 4K, KEYBOARD, AND SOME VINLY.. WITH YOUR BASIC HOME STEREO??/

THANKS A MILLION........ I KNOW MY QUESTIONS VARY.... THANKS

By Ares 12 Sat Apr 26, 2003 3:35 am
Definitely a computer. Get an 8 channel mixer, and a multi in soundcard, or Digi001. Since you're planning on doing mixdowns on your PC definitely get a pair of monitor speakers.
By trkkazulu Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:33 pm
You own an MPC4000. Probably the most powerful stand alone system for contemporary music production. Get with the manual and a good news group and learn how to use your gear. You can produce product within that machine. No additonal hardware required.
By TREV Thu May 01, 2003 3:03 pm
WHERE IN THE MANUAL DOES IT SAY HOW TO RECORD .....VOCALS....

PLEASE HELP ME....... SHOW ME THE PAGE NUMBER ........
By TREV Thu May 01, 2003 3:04 pm
WHERE IN THE MANUAL DOES IT SAY HOW TO RECORD .....VOCALS....

PLEASE HELP ME....... SHOW ME THE PAGE NUMBER ........

By Gambles Thu May 01, 2003 4:30 pm
Big caps? Chill.

By freddy fresh Thu May 01, 2003 6:18 pm
I have to agree with trkkazulu

the MPCs are all stand alone production machines
**** computers (unless your really comfy cozy on em)
I made many an album on the 2000 and the 4000 is amazing if you use all the facilities
By -{n8}- Thu May 01, 2003 8:53 pm
trkkazulu wrote:Good luck, Trev.

LOL!!! :P