Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.
By Season Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:23 am
Do you like making your beats using the sequence setting and then looping it? Or do you guys actually use the song settings. I'm still new to this and am just getting familiar with all that this great machine has to offer. I've been practicing just with the loop using 2-4 bars.......I'd love some feedback on how you guys go about it. Thanx,
Season

By freq Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:27 am
SONG MODE!!!!!!!

By blaqsoul Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:18 pm
Basic arrangement in song mode add any extra bells & whistles in Logic.
8)

By mullethed Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:22 pm
begin with building a solid drum loop or sampled sound from vinyl.

create a four / five or whatever bar loop.

add some bass

wet myself as I believe in my own twisted "four in the morning bloodshot eye"way that I AM the next primo. (as if)

clean myself up with a moist towlette

sleep.

(repeat next evening)

m*

:lol:

By brainwashcloth Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:14 pm
i prefer to bang my beats into reason's sequencer (via midi) then edit/copy paste/tweak/group and arrange them there.

By KoolSha178 Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:26 pm
Song mode.

I always start from a four bar or six bar loop.

By Dr.Foo Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:56 pm
song mode

build sequence around drums = start w/ 1 bar-2 bar
build sequnece around bass = 2-4 bar loops
then build up parts of the song in song mode ie song 1 is intro and 1st verse up to hook, song 2 is hook, song 3 is second verse to second hook etc.
then go back and add the stuff, flip notes etc. this takes a while, but I found its faster then going back and trying to rebuild parts of the "main song" especially when I have more then 4-5 tracks.

By Ares 12 Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:36 pm
I always use 2 bar loops.

By Kaymir Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:13 pm
i dont use song mode...everytime I use it...some sounds dissapear **** weird..

4 bars most of the time...

By Mouse Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:36 pm
i never heard of sounds disapearing in song mode maybe a bug or something wrong with your mp bro, but song mode is the best route
what i usally do is make a sequence for the intro, then i lay the verses,then the hook, but i usally build a bridge in there too it's all about finding what works for you
hope it helps you make some bangers

By Kaymir Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:26 pm
but i dont see the use of song mode (cuz i never really used it)...i just remember wich seq comes after the other...

I think the sounds dissapear cuz of track mute setting...i think if I mute track3 in seq 1...that in song mode he also mute it voor seq 2 >>8 for example