Discuss the various methods you use in music production, from compressor settings to equipment type.

By Smoove03 Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:03 pm
BBoy2005 wrote:
Antonym wrote:think up a nice bassline while beating your neighbor's kids with your belt.

i find this always works. it rips through a beat block.

:lol:

heh :)

By grimaybeats555 Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:30 pm
charlieocali wrote:Nothing helps me like a good workflow, seems like I was making so many more beats when all I had was the triton. To many options can just mess my whole flow up sometimes, so for me simplicity and order is ky.

Yeah I feel the same way sometimes. Alot of times I feel I make more creative beats using only my mpc 60. Other times I midi up my S1000 and use that.

By Science Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:14 am
usally someboy else inspiration inspires mine :wink:

By dfacedxa Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:24 am
go paint some walls. express your self in another manner. n the one you had trouble with makes more sense.

By VanFanel Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:02 am
Man, just be up at like 2 in da morning and watch a classic film, (scarface, casablanca)...after you watch da movie, go and make and start on a beat at like 4 in da morn...always works for me

By Beat God Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:25 am
a fine chick with big breasts and a nice phat a$$ always inspires me 2 write dope tracks. come 2 bkny they all over da place.

By binger0 Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:27 am
honestly other music, and boredom or just looking for something to do. To me making beats is like playing video games. I could sit down and do it all day long if i had the time. I really dont hit blocks, cause if im taking time off from making beats i just dont have the time. But i never just sit in the studio and bang my head off the wall thinking of ideas. ganja inspires me a little, but just mainly chilling on the internet checking my email everyday makes me craft some shit. If i have the time ill do a beat a day. But i gotta get it in before work or after work when im all tired and beat up.

By Toecutter Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:06 am
my inspiration comes from wherever, however, when I don't feel inspired by everyday life, feelings, emotions, movies, other music, what I do is take a nap, I work better when everyone's sleeping and I wake up with no noise and no distractions and have a clear head. Nap!

By mwalker Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:39 pm
i do not know if you are a sample base producer or what, but if you are not practice your scales, chord progression and fingering. i never sit down to make music/a song but i just sit down, f*ck with the keys and if something comes out great if not there is always tomorrow.

the key is to work on skills needed to make music and not sit back and feel sorry for yourself.

jazz musicians call it shedding.
By Living Bate Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:29 pm
yesterday i looked out the window at a tree blowing in the wind and rain......it really inspired me for some reason...

organic shit