Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By MalaKai Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:57 am
Aside from making beats I have this other project which is all ambient electronic/downtempo style. I'd love some feedback, really any kind of impression would be good, even if you think it's wack I'd love to hear about it. If you want to download the album for free send me a PM and I'll hook you up with a download code. Thanks!

http://maplesystemsroad.bandcamp.com/album/when-everything-changes
By medearis Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:43 am
Still listening but so far 'Icy Recognition' and 'New Beginning' have stuck out to me. The whole pace of Icy is my dig and then having something as ambient as 'New Beginning' right after is a good flow. The drum timbre or texture in 'Annihilating Trees' is dope. Like the direction of all this so far.
By MalaKai Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:28 am
Thanks man. To cut to the chase I promised no one in particular (probably just myself) to have it finished by a certain time. I had spent a couple months of work mixing this album, and many years in fact creating it off and on. But when it came to mastering I was unhappy with the results I was getting and in the end just put basic shit on it and uploaded it and called it done. I feel that the highs are too bright but I'm hoping that it's just me, that it's fine and I'm stressing over nothing. I used a basic compressor, the preset for a popular tape plugin, and believe it or not the FL Studio limiter to finalize the tracks. Part of me wishes I had stuck with the mastering rather than take an easy shortcut but part of me also just wanted to be done with it. I'm sure we've all been there. Mastering isn't quite my greatest skill..