Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By OKJoy Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:41 pm
Hey there MPC-Forums!

I just released this beat tape for free download today.
Feel free to critique it, otherwise just enjoy the music and let me know which tracks you feel the most.

Check it out at:

http://okjoy.bandcamp.com/

and here's a few previews:

By BrandonMattice Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:57 pm
Those first three tracks are pretty quality beats. Very mellow. Would have liked to hear a bit more variation in the songs as they went along (especially because they are instrumentals).

The last one didn't sound quite as nice to me. Mostly the kick, I think. It's way too loud in the mix and kind of sounds like something falling down a set of stairs.

Keep it up, though!
By OKJoy Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:25 am
BrandonMattice wrote:Those first three tracks are pretty quality beats. Very mellow. Would have liked to hear a bit more variation in the songs as they went along (especially because they are instrumentals).

The last one didn't sound quite as nice to me. Mostly the kick, I think. It's way too loud in the mix and kind of sounds like something falling down a set of stairs.

Keep it up, though!

I hear you on that mix, and progressions as well. These beats are all from 2012, my stuff doesn't sound like this at all anymore but I still wanted people to hear. That last one was an outtake, didn't make it into the tape itself because it didn't fit the theme. Thanks for listenin!