Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By Nakilius Sun May 14, 2017 7:54 pm
I love the MPC2000xl!!! :o
My 3rd beat:
By kVer$ace Sat May 27, 2017 6:36 pm
I dig the vibes man, it would be dope with a vocal track on top. As an instrumental there could be some added textures to help the beat build, but nice vibe and drum/keyboard combination!
By Nakilius Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:14 pm
thank you for listening kVersace. Yes vocals would be nice, but also sometimes i dont have any or it even feels like cheating, because every beat sounds nicer with vocals on top ;)
By djkidmt Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:35 pm
Your drums are really great and interesting. The melody is def the weakest part. Try playing along with your song on a keyboard sampler or synth. Write a short 4 bar melody that starts on the tonic and ends on the 5th, dont use quantize, leave lots of space between notes. Goodluck and keep it up!
By Nakilius Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:16 am
Hey campbellmontgomery and djkidmt, thank you very much for listening and the feedback.
I get that the melody is getting too repetitive, but thats what i am capable to do with the sample
I like variations, but i really dont like forced variations and also i am lazy :)
And Djkidmt i unterstand that you know very much about music theory and
i did listen to some of your stuff and i like it. But i dont want do play melodies,
because i just dont like my melodies. so i rather choose to let the coincidence play a big part in the beats just by sampling.
music theory is very interessting and sometimes i watch tutorials and stuff on youtube and
i get that its a powerful tool to make really good music, but at the same time it can feel like a formula,
without love, boring and without edges.
This is a bit offtopic but i find it to be very interesting:

Nonfunctional Harmony in Chrono Trigger.
jump to 1:15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zGqN1ZOEJQ