Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By pk1 Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:39 pm
not bad stuff bro. I like the throwbacks

If i would say anything it would be start using different drums. Your using the same drums threw most of the tracks. At least the hi hats.
That pic of your girl on the tracks though....... :nod:
By Cases Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:54 pm
Ok, I'll cut the crap and be the dickhead guys:

1. Do these beats sound profession?
No, that's hard for us all. I struggle with a problem you seem to have to, depth and suspense. Also, some tracks really got a big margin in syncopation, swing or sloppiness - how you call it? I mean the approach is awesome, I would always pray for people not using the grid and play those notes on the pads, but it's maybe to abrupt. I usually fix that with little hiding notes in between, they don't even need to really hear it. It's just there and bridges the obvious gaps. I'm not a remarkable super producer, I just love this swing and it easily confuses the listener in deciding what way you are leading us, and that's what I found usable to overcome that.

2. Do these beats sound up-to-date or do they sound dates? (I'm 44 so I'm not sure what teenagers and people in their 20s consider dated)
No, kids like "trap" - but I would say keep on translating those personal signature brain messages into something listenable for us :) - the kids of those current kids might be adoring it making you "ahead of your time".

Keep going man, that's all I can say after putting in thousands of hours and grow on slow pace. I mean it can take "ages" for certain parts to get the head around (for me, so maybe for you to.) - I believe you sure got some potential but it's a busy road and many end up in the pit - be careful on the car uncle, just don't switch it for a new one.
By Lampdog Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:31 am
I'd appreciate some constructive criticism. I made all of these beats on an ASR-10 over the past few years. They're all samples.

Love my ASR10, hardly if ever use it anymore though.

Be honest,

1. Do these beats sound profession?
no

2. I'm 44
I’m 47. Make what YOU feel inside. There is a market for everyone everywhere. Make what you want, put your passion, playfullness and skillz into it and like-minded people will hear it and flock to it.

https://soundcloud.com/michael-heath-89 ... black-moon
Nope

https://soundcloud.com/michael-heath-89 ... big-stuff1
Nope

Wait, did I here you say “Karma Godz”?
By Coz Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:40 am
The high hats are too busy in most of the tracks and the mixing is all over the place, but the vibe of the tracks is pretty nice. :smoker:
By CHOPFYT Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:53 pm
I do like a couple of these big stuff and end game are easy to listen too if a bit uneventful for there length. The others as mentioned above are messy and repetitive which is fine for someone who hasnt put much time into making them or someone who would think of them as sketches or rough productions. So to answer your question No they do not sound professional.
You would definitely benefit from new drum sounds and maybe thinking outside your normal routine when putting drum patterns together.
As a side note if you do want to be taken more seriously or be seen in a more professional light Id drop the tag line 'Grown and Sexy' and loose the photoshopped booty pic on every track as while we all like a good butt to look at and you may well have been called both Old and "sexy" by at least one person you can give the impression that your some sort of sex/date bot.
keep workin at it dude
peace