Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers

By binger0 Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:10 am
this was tight. u flippin new jazz? shit sounds tight. u do this on sonar?

By FLUENT Fri Dec 31, 2004 11:18 am
loopin kool and the gang huh??? this is cool..i woulda liked to hear you chop up a more familiar sample like that tho

By digital_bastard Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:35 pm
You were right about the mellowness. I think they'rs a bit too much reverb on the snare though, the reverb tail never seems to end before the next hit!

By binger0 Fri Dec 31, 2004 5:39 pm
FLUENT wrote:loopin kool and the gang huh??? this is cool..i woulda liked to hear you chop up a more familiar sample like that tho

damn i was off like a mofo. i thought that was some stanely clark or some bullshi*

By DJ 2Much Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:36 pm
Thanks for tha feedback yo. Yea I mixed it on Sonar. Also I'm not that good at choppin'. I mean I know how to chop but I don't really know how to make it sound different. When I chop its usually alot of stoppin' in tha sample. I got to practice I guess.

By binger0 Fri Dec 31, 2004 6:39 pm
its best to chop accroding to the sustain. and make even chops, they should be the same length. But u wouldnt want to chop 1/8th notes on a sample with long sustain like a violin for ex.

By ONE Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:19 pm
I like this! Regardless of using a well known sample it's a tight jam. You did a really good job with it. I'm feeling it.

yo, when 50 comes in and you do a drop, for some reason it sounds awkward, but it does make the track sound more interesting.
By DSTRUCT Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:10 am
this is cool man, i like when yall post remixes. this a dope beat fam, i dont care what you sampled. I can vibe to it. The lyrics are lined up good. Keep it up yo.

By vakseen Sun Jan 02, 2005 7:17 am
i def like how the vocs ride that sample but theres something a lil off with the kik imo. tight work tho

By niccarican Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:52 am
damn son this sounds like that lil shawn song exactly the same kid its some old school shit like mid 90's with biggie's vocal on the chorus being scratched
i know somebody knows the name to the song im talkin bout