Showcase your own beats and get constructive feedback from fellow MPC producers
By MATT_MEDEIROS Sun Jan 30, 2005 4:59 pm
whats going on people?

anyways i decided a while ago to go the home recording route. i did these vocals the other day. its only a snippet. if you cats with monitors and the studio heads could give me feedback i'd really appreaciate it. its not perfect, its not way up there. but im only aiming for demo quality recording right now. (the beat too, i did that here also, not mixed yet though, and its just a simple loop taken from the beat, not the whole thing.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/mattmedeirosmusic.htm

its the snippet at the top. i just erased 15 tracks from soundclick, incase you wondered why its empty.

thanks all.

By [301STUDIOS] Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:57 pm
Sounds like you've got too much high end on the vox, and a bit too much low end on the track. Normalize track before vox [Whole thing is recorded too quiet], add eq to both, Turn up background sounds [violins?], and add compression to vox for better fit in the mix.

Those are my opinions. Not bad though, I've heard waaay worse recording quality.

[301]

By PROTEGE Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:35 am
[quote="[301STUDIOS]"]Sounds like you've got too much high end on the vox, and a bit too much low end on the track. Normalize track before vox [Whole thing is recorded too quiet], add eq to both, Turn up background sounds [violins?], and add compression to vox for better fit in the mix.

Those are my opinions. Not bad though, I've heard waaay worse recording quality.

[301][/quote]

I agree with 301. double the vocals (live is prefered). Lower the vocals of the second track. Make the ratio 100% to say 50%. Do a few adlibs with a decent mix and you should be done.

By MATT_MEDEIROS Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:08 pm
wooooooord. nothings polished in this mix. those vocals aern't even the ones thats are staying.

thanks all.

shouud i EQ vocals while it records in, right on the mixer?? or after its been said and done then play with it.

and can anyone suggest a program? im using adobe audition, but i haven't seen the ability to do that yet..

By [301STUDIOS] Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:32 pm
Usually, I like to record the vox flat, and eq/effect after the fact, but some would suggest diff.

As far as programs, we use ProTools, so, I'm not sure about Audition...

Good luck!

[301]