Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By neilmagikjohnson Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:06 pm
alrite,

have flicked thru the manual and cant see anything about this.

but when i go to record i can get it to count it, it just starts recording from the start, i mean its not big deal i normally just move it 1 bar before the end and start from there...

but ne 1 help?
By eltoppo51 Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:10 pm
on the main page you will see an F3 or F4 function that says click, press it, and then change to whatever option you would like. i.e count in rec and play or count in rec.

hope that helped
By neilmagikjohnson Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:23 pm
yea dude i got that, but it still doesnt giv me the 1 bar count in click before i record it will just start to record from bar 1 straight away.
By sonseelye Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:05 pm
are u pressing record+play
or record +playstart

make sure to press play start..
By neilmagikjohnson Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:13 pm
yea im pressing rec + play start and have it set for the count in on record,...still not working....

any1 any suggestions?
By elevated Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:04 pm
It sounds like in the Click screen you have the Count in set to OFF. Change this to REC ONLY and you should be good to go...
By neilmagikjohnson Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:18 pm
count in : rec only

in rec: yes

rate 1/4

...its just not givin me the count in.

duno wats up wit it, ne else had htis problem? i mean i can just start it from the last bar to get the count in not a major inconveince but would be nice.
By j Def Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:29 pm
You using MIDI anywhere in your setup or just MPC stand alone?
By neilmagikjohnson Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:03 pm
no midi nothing else connected.

i just recently upgraded my akai os but it still didnt work before
By sid fisher Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:18 pm
Even tho its 7 years after the last person posted....
I am having the same problem with my click in the MPC1000

I have all the correct setting, in F2 rec only, then i press rec then play start but it wont count in, but it did before.

I am tracking some midi in, maybe that effected something?

Any help would be so appreciated!

My set up is: MPC1000 master to MOPHO(slave) and MOPHO to master back to MPC1000(slave)

tx!
By koncepticon Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:21 am
I am able to reproduce the problem with my mpc-1000 and i could not find a solution either... [until i did]

Are you moving from an MPC-2000xl per chance? I did recently -- and this was the only thing about it that was about to force me to throw the thing out the window. .

The answer for me was simple.. I did not have any thing " set" with my MIDI, but i did have the MIDI-IN cable in place, as it still accepts the signal from my sound card by default.

After reading this, I decided to see if pulling the MIDI cable made any changes, and it did the trick. You may have to select your pgm and sq again for some reason.. I am using free JJOS 3.something

TO make it work the same as the MPC 2000* set it to REC IN 1/4 In PLAY no in REC yes

Good luck