The place to share knowledge about upgrades, mods, customisations and all other cool DIY projects for MPCs and other music equipment.
By temetrepo Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:14 am
^i saw that post a while ago, but he was barely gettong ideas. Looks like he's on his way to something.
Would be dope once he's done and you can control everything from the controller
By JUKE 179r Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:03 am
ssp wrote:Image
more info and progress here: http://midibox.org/forums/index.php?/to ... ontroller/

:shock:
NICE!!!!! I'm going to keep an eye out for this! Good Luck SSP!!!!
By ssp Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:12 am
the casework is being powdercoated in the same aluminium grey as the software, im talking with the developers of the software currently and working with them to implement new features into the software, one big thing is the implementation of global cc# assignability to every single button and knob on the software. its important that everything on the software /controller has this functionality.

the control brain and other parts are now ready, i have all the switches, encoders faders and various caps here ready, they will have thier legends printed on them this week hopefully.

soon to follow will be the face plate graphics being supplied to me by the devs.

to be honest this is quite an achievement to be in touch with the devs and programmers/engineers of the bpm software and that they are so willing to help adapt the software to meet the functions of the control surface.

more pics to follow soon
By temetrepo Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:52 pm
Hopefully you can make a deAl with some company and get the controller out on the market
you'll make a killing out of it.
Good luck with everything.
By padlock Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:40 am
master-ceo wrote:
JUKE 179r wrote:
ssp wrote:Image
more info and progress here: http://midibox.org/forums/index.php?/to ... ontroller/

:shock:
NICE!!!!! I'm going to keep an eye out for this! Good Luck SSP!!!!

:shock: :shock:

frickin dope! this just gave me an :idea:

wow, just wow! keep us posted here, this is a killah project bro!
By BGBEATS Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:58 am
ssp wrote:
temetrepo wrote:why don't we hire some software programmers and some hardware designers put them in a room to work and come up with the product
bada bingggggg

well...... someone had to do it! so i guess i will.

/

AYO, after you finish making that, can you make me an ironman suit ?

thanks mr stark
By ssp Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:14 pm
been busy with this, had to wait for pcbs to arrive from gp china via a friend in germany who optomised the eagle designs and checked it all over before giveing the gerbers to gp.

anyway heres the newly arrived pcbs, i just have to populate them now, no pics of the casework coating im afraid, i will do that shortly.

pics.
By master-ceo Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:50 pm
Killer!!! :shock: 8)

Can't wait to see the finished product and more progression pics!!

Very inspiring!
By ssp Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:58 pm
update: heres the progress so far.

boards now populated, just the idc headers to connect to the main digital input boards to solder to the boards. everything fits fine when tested i will then fit into the finished casework. not long now until i can finish this project and start the next one which is an 8 channel motor fader control surface for any sequencer/daw software.

here are the boards and also test fitted into the spare casework.