Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Base400 Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:12 pm
Hey, My MPC has been acting very weird lately and I was thinking I might need to do a factory reset. What will that do to my MPC? Will I have to reinput my samples and etc?
By kukhuvud Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:30 am
Wow, it's sad that this is the first hit when you search for mpc 2500 factory reset on google, and there's no answer!

Some of you are such assholes. I shouldn't have to drag out the manual when I need to do something that I only do once every couple of years; I should just be able to google for it!

To factory reset your 2500, hold down Erase while powering it on. Continue holding it down until your standard screen shows up.

You'll then want to turn off autoload so you don't get all that lame stuff loaded when you power on. Mode -> Load then hit Window for the Load Setup screen and change Autoload to None.
By T7 Sun Feb 21, 2010 6:56 am
kukhuvud wrote:Wow, it's sad that this is the first hit when you search for mpc 2500 factory reset on google, and there's no answer!

Some of you are such assholes. I shouldn't have to drag out the manual when I need to do something that I only do once every couple of years; I should just be able to google for it!

Wow, someone's got a sense of entitlement.
By kukhuvud Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:09 pm
T7 wrote:Wow, someone's got a sense of entitlement.

Wrong. In every thread where someone was asking the "how do I reset my mpc" question, they were derided, told to RTFM, and never helped. Except for someone in the MPC 500 section. And even that help was grudgingly given.

Sad. I don't understand why some people have to be so mean. This is like how forums used to be in the mid 90's before ethics rules and moderators were enforced.
By g4s Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:42 pm
Glad you found an answer to your question. Just so you know, there's a search function on the forum which is a valuable resource for this sort of thing too.

G4s