Talk and share knowledge on rare records, sources of new samples, vinyl, diggin, etc

How do you dig?

N/A
11%
89%
By Menco Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:24 pm
I just start digging. Whatever looks/sounds good will be bought. Sometimes I look for something more specific, like sometimes I need some mellow jazz, or I want some more orchestra stuff. Quite random actually
By dj e.d.e Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:01 pm
all three but most of the time i like to find stuff that i never heard of. theres to much music out there to just listen to the same stuff, although when i get home or it becomes part of my collection it gets played all the time!!!
By mr.pleasant Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:19 pm
eastcoast121 wrote:all of the above

X2 on that........ but i rather find something i've never heard of
By peterpiper Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:26 am
B and C. A is not possible in my area cause there are no record shops. Just thrift stores and flea markets. On the fflea markets sellers who sell only records (so they are kind of sorted) are very rare and often overpriced (for my buget ;))
So it makes no sense to go out looking for a specific record.
Its great to dig in crates with all that shitty records german volksmusik and stuff like that just to find something like the Winstons - color me father LP. I always wonder how such things can happen and feel kind of blessed :)

peace
By dj e.d.e Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:12 pm
peterpiper wrote:B and C. A is not possible in my area cause there are no record shops. Just thrift stores and flea markets. On the fflea markets sellers who sell only records (so they are kind of sorted) are very rare and often overpriced (for my buget ;))
Its great to dig in crates with all that **** records german volksmusik and stuff like that just to find something like the Winstons - color me father LP. I always wonder how such things can happen and feel kind of blessed :)

peace

you will BE SUPRISED!! i walked into this antique shop once they had nothing but old dirty 78's, i found this super clean 7" of A Different Drummer by les cvrane ,its like it was waiting for me.best feeling dont give up keep digggin
By peterpiper Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:15 pm
dj e.d.e wrote:
peterpiper wrote:B and C. A is not possible in my area cause there are no record shops. Just thrift stores and flea markets. On the fflea markets sellers who sell only records (so they are kind of sorted) are very rare and often overpriced (for my buget ;))
Its great to dig in crates with all that **** records german volksmusik and stuff like that just to find something like the Winstons - color me father LP. I always wonder how such things can happen and feel kind of blessed :)

peace

you will BE SUPRISED!! i walked into this antique shop once they had nothing but old dirty 78's, i found this super clean 7" of A Different Drummer by les cvrane ,its like it was waiting for me.best feeling dont give up keep digggin

Congrats on that 7" :)

I will never give up diggin. Even if I try I wouldn't. It's really an addiction (no joke).

I put my headphone on and I'm gone....

peace