Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By profound1977 Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:54 am
I use to have a MPC 2000xl and was able to chop samples one by one then assign to 16 pads all at one time...Had that MP about 5 years ago and sold it because one of the audio inputs was shot,bad screen,bad sensors,etc.... I recently got a perfect condition MPC 2000 classic and i am not able to chop and assign samples...Does anyone have any tips and tricks or techniques they use in order to chop and assign samples to pads...I just want to be able to take 1 sample and chop between 1 and 16 times and assign them to pads like i use to do with my xl.....HELP please....
By mr_debauch Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:07 am
profound1977 wrote:I use to have a MPC 2000xl and was able to chop samples one by one then assign to 16 pads all at one time...Had that MP about 5 years ago and sold it because one of the audio inputs was shot,bad screen,bad sensors,etc.... I recently got a perfect condition MPC 2000 classic and i am not able to chop and assign samples...Does anyone have any tips and tricks or techniques they use in order to chop and assign samples to pads...I just want to be able to take 1 sample and chop between 1 and 16 times and assign them to pads like i use to do with my xl.....HELP please....

they dont have that exact featrure. you gotta do it manually i guess.
By fasttrackpimp Mon May 03, 2010 5:44 am
dB!! The Wax Fiend wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFXVl4BWp54

not me in the vid, but he explains what you are trying to do

I don't think that's what he meant, but that was fun to use sometimes. It kind of sounds like he means the xl's zone option where you could take a sample, chop it into 16 pieces and then make a new pgm and it puts all the chops on the pads auto. If that's what you mean profound, you're shit out of luck cause the 2k classic doesn't have that zone feature.
By ekiml Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:55 am
Just copy the sample a bunch of times and cut it down 2 each region you need and assign the pads manually that's what I did before I got the 2000xl when I had the regular mpc2000 before it got stolen. I actually miss the old school digit column jog wheel
By mr_debauch Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:22 am
ekiml wrote:Just copy the sample a bunch of times and cut it down 2 each region you need and assign the pads manually that's what I did before I got the 2000xl when I had the regular mpc2000 before it got stolen. I actually miss the old school digit column jog wheel

dont we all, how many times have we always said the 2000 classic has the best jog wheel on any mpc.... pretty much every model has at least one unique thing that is the best out the series.

welcome to the boards.
By InsiteTheG-A Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:24 pm
i think what youre looking to do is use zone edit... its much better on the 2kXL where you can set the number of zones up to 16 and set each chop and they will auto assign if you use "edit" to create a new pgm.... otherwise try just using zone edit to make a chop use "edit" to create a new sound and name it, go back to the original sample punch in the zone end digits into the zone start and your next chop will start right after the previous...
By Fung45 Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:31 pm
No Slice function on classic. Use trim screen ZnEdit to manually create zones and edit function to make the selection a new sample. Use program screen to assign your new sounds to pads.