Submit bug reports and feature requests for the JJOS-XL and 2XL
By astronaut Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:06 pm
Program per Pad Assignment

The ability to have a different program for each pad, this way you could have ride programs (consisting only of ride samples), respectively snare, kick programs, etc...

I'd like that so that I could use the Q-Slider for any specific pad to check out sound combinations on the fly, basically build drum kits on the fly (while the mpc is looping a sequence).

And if one could control the sample rotation of each pad with external midi controller..... Since we only got 2 Q-Sliders on the mpc1000.
By bliprock Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:03 am
astronaut wrote:Program per Pad Assignment

The ability to have a different program for each pad, this way you could have ride programs (consisting only of ride samples), respectively snare, kick programs, etc...

I'd like that so that I could use the Q-Slider for any specific pad to check out sound combinations on the fly, basically build drum kits on the fly (while the mpc is looping a sequence).

And if one could control the sample rotation of each pad with external midi controller..... Since we only got 2 Q-Sliders on the mpc1000.

Can you explain why you want this? I dont get it at all!! You can change samples in your program, you can change program, all while playing. Oh hang on i reread your post a few times and see that you want the sample to change on one pad in a program with Qlink. IMHO that is lazy and not great functionality improvement. Im not having a go but, i would just choose samples as it plays, or make other programs and change them live.
I do know a way you can do it, but its not something i would recommend. Hows this - make sample of drum hits one sample full of evenly spaced hits. Then put on NDC chop and use qlink slider to choose chop. Hows that work round.
By astronaut Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:29 pm
bliprock wrote:Can you explain why you want this? I dont get it at all!! You can change samples in your program, you can change program, all while playing.

yep, but I wanna have a way to limit what samples I can browse for any specific pad. My sample library has samples in folders for different drums, i.e. folder for snares, folder for bongos, etc.... I don't have any specific naming scheme for my samples, just the sorting by folder. When I load a few of those folders all of the samples are all mixed up in the MPC memory.

in any case there are different ways to build drum kits. I posted a request earlier:

PAD preview in LOAD mode

in the LOAD mode F4 is empty. Would be cool to have a pad-preview button, when you press it you can hit the pads and hear the assigned samples, just like in MAIN. Makes composing drum kits (programs) easier and faster.

I reckon this would be a simple solution to implement.
By sally Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:50 pm
Funkydrops wrote:Destructive MIDI effects:

BPM-Delay, Flanger, Tremolo... possibly to be applied in Main/Grid/Step and Seq modes.

They could also include some weird step-based modulation of the Pitch/Filters/AMP sections.

They do not have to be calculated in real-time, I'm just looking for a fancy way to modulate a particular pad/note for a given interval of steps via some parameter: the result would be as if they were recorded to the track via Q-link or another incoming midi CC...

You will have your track, you will select pad(s)/note(s), the number of steps you want the effect to be triggered on and the traditional keep/overwrite/play/retry will do the rest! Some effect would eat up on the polyphony, but we could re-sample if needed ;-) It would also give way to experiment with mute/simult, mono/poly and Layer crossfade setting of the pads...

The algorithms are SUPER EASY to program (Delay is just tempo based re-triggering of a sample with a decreasing velocity, flanger is re-triggering it within a few ppq, tremolo is controlling the velocity according on a f(x)... you see where I go) and ABOVE ALL, being destructive, the features will not mess with the CPU, since they will be applied off-line.

It will be nice to have more parameters to tweak, especially for the delay, something like multi-tapping, ADSR...

Thats my request guys, what do you think about it?

PEACE

+1
this complexity is very good, it is very constructive.
congratulations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not know if it is requested
Sorry.

I would add:

sound-flow-view within the mixer (f1- f2 screens)

we could see everything that we hear,

for example:

track 1 BD = *-*-----*-*-----
track 2 HH = *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
track 3 SN = ----*--------*---
track 4 Other samples = *---------------

for example...
(*) = Could see their movements

Visually help our listening

also for this video, of course: audiovisionary!!

PLEASE!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O_S0IRTPPM

thanks.
By astronaut Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:09 am
LOAD FOLDER including SUBFOLDERS - Audio Samples only. So using this function the mpc will load all samples in a folder and it's subfolders, ignoring all other types of files.

---
By dtaa pla muk Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:34 pm
COPY PROGRAM AND SAMPLES

i'd like the ability to copy a program AND its samples to a brand new program w/ new copies of the samples. this is so a user can have the same sample use different loop settings.

^ low hanging fruit FR.
By zyguli Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:20 am
Remember the current location for LOAD and SAVE view independently.

I like to save projects on which I'm working once for a while, but in the meantime I also load additional samples. In this case it is necessary to navigate back and forth between project folder and sample folders. Annoying.
By sally Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:28 pm
sally wrote:
Funkydrops wrote:Destructive MIDI effects:

BPM-Delay, Flanger, Tremolo... possibly to be applied in Main/Grid/Step and Seq modes.

They could also include some weird step-based modulation of the Pitch/Filters/AMP sections.

They do not have to be calculated in real-time, I'm just looking for a fancy way to modulate a particular pad/note for a given interval of steps via some parameter: the result would be as if they were recorded to the track via Q-link or another incoming midi CC...

You will have your track, you will select pad(s)/note(s), the number of steps you want the effect to be triggered on and the traditional keep/overwrite/play/retry will do the rest! Some effect would eat up on the polyphony, but we could re-sample if needed ;-) It would also give way to experiment with mute/simult, mono/poly and Layer crossfade setting of the pads...

The algorithms are SUPER EASY to program (Delay is just tempo based re-triggering of a sample with a decreasing velocity, flanger is re-triggering it within a few ppq, tremolo is controlling the velocity according on a f(x)... you see where I go) and ABOVE ALL, being destructive, the features will not mess with the CPU, since they will be applied off-line.

It will be nice to have more parameters to tweak, especially for the delay, something like multi-tapping, ADSR...

Thats my request guys, what do you think about it?

PEACE

+1
this complexity is very good, it is very constructive.
congratulations.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not know if it is requested
Sorry.

I would add:

sound-flow-view within the mixer (f1- f2 screens)

we could see everything that we hear,

for example:

track 1 BD = *-*-----*-*-----
track 2 HH = *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
track 3 SN = ----*--------*---
track 4 Other samples = *---------------

for example...
(*) = Could see their movements

Visually help our listening

also for this video, of course: audiovisionary!!

PLEASE!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O_S0IRTPPM

thanks.

sorry for my words

*clipping indicator signals in each track/pad

for mode + 8 (mixer)
for mode + 4 (track mixer)

* clipping indicator These are the right words!!! thanks le rat!!
By le rat Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:16 pm
you re welcome Sally.

I think your idea is good. Usually I do it by hear in program mode and i never use pad or track mixer. If there was a visual animation I think it would be worth using it.
By sally Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:58 pm
le rat wrote:visual animation

this is the right word

for mode + 8 ( mixer F1-F2 ) and mode + 4 ( track mixer ).
clipping is not the right word, excuse me, le rat, sorry. :wink:

but yes, this is the concept "visual animation"

visual animation = for other concept = audiovisionary too :wink:

le rat wrote:I think it would be worth using it.

yes, of course.
By astronaut Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:15 pm
zyguli wrote:Remember the current location for LOAD and SAVE view independently.

I like to save projects on which I'm working once for a while, but in the meantime I also load additional samples. In this case it is necessary to navigate back and forth between project folder and sample folders. Annoying.

+1
By astronaut Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:57 pm
INSERT BPM into NAME

the Q-link button could be used to insert the current Sequence BPM in the re/naming window.