Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By emjayess Wed May 01, 2013 4:12 am
Basically, I'm asking if there are problems using Komplete 9 Ultimate with the MPC Ren. Obviously, the 9 software must work well with their own Maschine, but are we at any disadvantage using the Ren with 9 instead?

Thanks for your patience ahead of time--you're talking with a rookie who don't know much!
By JAH Fri May 10, 2013 3:50 am
Can the Ren/Studio browse Komplete's plugin presets from the hardware controller?
By Airyck Sat May 11, 2013 2:27 pm
JAH wrote:Can the Ren/Studio browse Komplete's plugin presets from the hardware controller?

On most instruments... no. You "can" browse Reaktor Ensemble Snapshots though.
By JAH Sat May 11, 2013 11:02 pm
Airyck wrote:
JAH wrote:Can the Ren/Studio browse Komplete's plugin presets from the hardware controller?

Hmmmm.....NI coded Komplete so that Maschine can browse presets from its hardware. Interesting that the Ren can't do the same.
By coolderb Mon May 13, 2013 6:08 pm
JAH wrote:
Airyck wrote:

Hmmmm.....NI coded Komplete so that Maschine can browse presets from its hardware. Interesting that the Ren can't do the same.

For that reason, I'm thinking about picking up a used Kore2 controller for around $70US.
By JAH Mon May 13, 2013 10:17 pm
Or hit up NI and demand they code their plugins so that other hosts can do the same. I bought NI's Monark to use within Reaktor player. I can browse it's presets directly from the Ren.

NI's Massive will only display the currently select preset in the Ren. But no browsing.
By Airyck Mon May 13, 2013 10:23 pm
JAH wrote:Or hit up NI and demand they code their plugins so that other hosts can do the same. I bought NI's Monark to use within Reaktor player. I can browse it's presets directly from the Ren.

Yep, that's because Monark is a Reaktor plug-in and for some reason the Ren recognizes snapshots from Reaktor. If you could preview Ren programs without loading then you could convert all the presets to Ren presets and browse them that way.

The other thought would be somehow sending a program change to the plugin to browse through the presets that are loaded... I'll look into this.
By Airyck Wed May 15, 2013 10:54 pm
I just discovered a way to browse native instruments presets from the Ren Hardware (with minimal clicking) up to 128 at a time without the mouse.

I'm just beginning to explore it, tutorial coming soon ;)