Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Perrin&Tonic Fri May 24, 2013 9:29 pm
I have to admit that I have been running my MPC Rennaisance on Windows XP! It is NOT designed to run on XP. In fact, when I installed it, it said it was not installed correctly, but it worked! So I just stuck with it. However it has slowly gotten worse and worse...weird crashes...etc. The expansion packs will not install. And the updates will not install either. This last week it has gotten so bad that after about 5-10 minutes XP just stops recognizing the MIDI controller...it just freezes. I can still operate the software with the mouse, but that's useless. The last beat I made, I probably restarted MPC software 50 times! :WTF:

So, I am going install Windows 7. Think I might build a sweet lil machine w a friend just for MPC. Long Overdue.

But, I'm pretty impressed it has managed to make it this long. It's gonna feel great to run 1.3 (or maybe 1.4? soon?) on Windows 7. Ive starved myself long enough! :lol:
By BremenCole Sat May 25, 2013 2:43 am
Congrats on going to Win 7. I am a Mac guy, but have used Win 7 and still do at work. IMHO 7 is the best Windows of all time. XP is second, but a well tuned Win 7 is nice.

Get ready to have some good times with your MPC and 7....
By 3gbeats Sat May 25, 2013 9:25 pm
i run xp - everything and everyone is telling me to upgrade to windows 7 and i haven't yet, if my Ren starts playing up maybe that will give me the shove i need :mrgreen:
By Chris 5000 Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:14 am
...Hey there ...very interesting ...I run my Ren. and Akai MPC2 software on Win 10 ...but ...I've also got an old gamer PC running a stable Win XP x64 ...recently put together just for using old music software again ...and I wondered would it be possible to run some MPC software too ??? ...wow ...so was it that straight forward ??? ...or did you have some tweaking to do ??? ...and I'd also like to know ...what XP version you had ??? ...and what software was used to run the Ren. ???