All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:46 pm

JJOSXL: the Sampling Bible’ by MPC-Tutor is the first dedicated tutorial book for JJOSXL, with 125 pages of step-by-step tutorials and practical projects that comprehensively teaches you everything about the art of sampling in JJOSXL:

- Fully understand the destructive and non-destructive chopping processes
- Develop optimal workflows & techniques for chopping drum breaks and entire songs
- Learn accurate & fast chopping methods along with advanced pad previewing options
- Build velocity sensitive finger drumming kits from chopped breaks
- Master the more advanced uses of the patched phrase feature
- Use sustain looping on instrument chops to create multisampled notes and programs
- Utilise filters, tuning, effects, ADSR and other program parameters to customize your chopped programs
- Discover the different methods for implementing polyphonic and monophonic programs
- Loop individual drum chops for unique percussive effects
- Create your own songs and beats using nothing but non-destructive chops

And much, much more, including a breakdown of all the essential JJOSXL shortcuts and a beginners guide to core MPC functions. Get more information from the product page:

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... ing-bible/

Time Limited Offer: Save up to $13 on a JJOSXL License!

Anyone currently buying the book will also receive an exclusive JJOSXL discount code - the code can be used as follows:

$13 discount on a full JJOSXL license, or
$7 discount on an OS1 to JJOSXL license upgrade, or
$3 discount on an OS2 to JJOSXL license upgrade

After purchasing the JJOSXL Sampling Bible, you'll see your unique JJOSXL discount code appear under the download link in your File Bank, along with details on how to redeem it on JJ's web site. So if you're looking to get JJOSXL, now's the time to do it :)

http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... ing-bible/
By allank Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:13 am
Looks great.. I'm wondering how much of this is still relevant to jjos128xl ?

I know the patched phrase section won't apply to jjos128xl
By inflict3 Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:25 am
i saw that!!! lol!! nice one tutor!! now go RTFM!!!!!! hahahahhahahahahahaha!!!! :lol: congrats man!!! great work!
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:48 am
allank wrote:Looks great.. I'm wondering how much of this is still relevant to jjos128xl ?

Not sure about the current compatibility with 128xl, I spoke to Mike (MPC Stuff) about the possibility of creating a 128 and 128XL version of the book, he's interested, so I will definitely be looking into it further.
By allank Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:30 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:
allank wrote:Looks great.. I'm wondering how much of this is still relevant to jjos128xl ?

Not sure about the current compatibility with 128xl, I spoke to Mike (MPC Stuff) about the possibility of creating a 128 and 128XL version of the book, he's interested, so I will definitely be looking into it further.

I'm hedging my bets and getting a unit with xlcd (as an upgrade from mp2kxl) and getting both os2xl and 128xl (at a minor discount from JJ).. I can see features of both that I would like but won't know which is more important to me till I put them through the wringer. I'd be happy to buy the tutorial and see what doesn't work on the 128xl OS... A complete new "beatmaking" book on the 128xl would be awesome especially if you deep dive into a lot of the different sequencing features..
By xibalba1875 Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:40 pm
Just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work in putting out knowledge for us MPC users. Bought quite a few guides with the Ableton and JJOSXL being the latest two and I have not been disappointed at all.
By CutterJ Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:28 am
Just got done working through the Sampling Bible and found it to be very helpful. This is the second one of your books I've gone through, and I appreciate how straightforward the information is and how well structured the exercises are. Great stuff.

Thanks for all your contributions to the MPC universe!
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:02 pm
CutterJ wrote:Just got done working through the Sampling Bible and found it to be very helpful. This is the second one of your books I've gone through, and I appreciate how straightforward the information is and how well structured the exercises are. Great stuff.

Thanks for all your contributions to the MPC universe!

Thanks for the positive feedback, I'm really happy the book is helping people out :nod:
By jakoby84 Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:04 am
Hey,
I'm really appreciating your books (beatmaking and sampling bible). Do you think you will publish a new version of the book discussing the workflow of the new JJOS3 ? Of course I would emphasize not to do so before OS3 is in a stable state... just interested if there is hope for a future release.
Peace, Jackadelic