Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By roycerollz5950 Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:22 am
I was curious about what screen I should have my mpc 2500 on when I'm performing live? I play with a style similar to araabmuzik (for lack of a better performer to compare to...) and I dont loop anything or record anything. I play kicks, hats, snare... off the dome and I play samples 1/16 bars of synths I produced on another pad with drums over it yadayada... you get it lol...

Anyways, as of now I've been using the "main" screen when I perform / practice. I was just curious if that would be the best screen to have the mpc on when I play or if I should have it on another screen like the mixer screen? Or if there is a live mode?...

I'm currently using JJOS:Free

FYI: Anyone considering going to JJOS from akai OS, DO IT! I thought it would be hard to get adjusted to but its almost EXACTLY the same as akai OS. Think of it as akai OS on steroids!!! Its dope! I love it! so easy to navigate and it runs so smoothly!!

Thank you in advance for helping.
I already know there isnt a wrong way to go about doing this but I would like to know what everyone else does?
By crossings Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:30 pm
it's YOUR live set.... so only you know what you need to get done.

it depends, but i'd probably keep a beat in the TRACK MUTE screen so i could do drops on the fly. that's just me though...
By roycerollz5950 Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:40 am
I appreciate the feedback. I have no problems using the way I have been. The main screen is all good. I just figured I might as well check on if there is a better and more efficient way.

Thanks mate
By seth smith Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:58 pm
I dont use it but I know of the program change page that JJOS features. That sounds like it might be helpful to you. Switching between different programs of drums or the synth samples if thats what you use. Cheers.
By dazastah Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:57 am
to clarify a "song" is not a song in the mpc it is your collection of sounds or your music

Main mode is best...
I set up each pgm as a song...
each bank of that pgm can be sections of the song...
then each track is the order of your set..

so you just basically hit f3 or f4 in main mode for prev/next track ...

PRetty easy..
By Caustic Yoda Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:42 pm
Main screen is fine but doesnt help if your not using sequences and tapping it all live, mixer screen, program screen and slider screen all have some advantages an things like volume or pitch you can apply on the faders or knobs as part of the live performance