Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By masada2502 Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:36 pm
remember to update ur firmware also.its just not a software update to 1.5 but also a firmware update to 1.10
download the 1.5 upgrade here

and the Ren or Studio firmware here

heres the download links
http://www.akaipro.com/index.php/misc/mpc-software
http://www.akaiprompc.com/firmware

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ImageShack.us

instructional link for firmware update
http://www.akaipro.com/kb/article/1516
Last edited by masada2502 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
By jacekk Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:13 am
hi guys, I have just experienced very weird issue about new 1.1v firmware update. Once I installed the 1.5 software I started the installation of the new firmware, unfortunately the process stopped at one point for like a 5 minutes, so I decided to abort the installation and do it all over again. The exact moment something crazy happened to my hardware. Now when I turn the hardware on, the screen is just blue (no MPC text), and the pads 1,2,3,4 are highlighted (respectively red, green, green, yellow). Same thing happens when I turn it on when USB is unplugged (but with one difference - only pads 1 and 2 are highlighted, both red). The unit was just fine before that firmware installation... any guess?
By jigdagod Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:50 am
jacekk wrote:hi guys, I have just experienced very weird issue about new 1.1v firmware update. Once I installed the 1.5 software I started the installation of the new firmware, unfortunately the process stopped at one point for like a 5 minutes, so I decided to abort the installation and do it all over again. The exact moment something crazy happened to my hardware. Now when I turn the hardware on, the screen is just blue (no MPC text), and the pads 1,2,3,4 are highlighted (respectively red, green, green, yellow). Same thing happens when I turn it on when USB is unplugged (but with one difference - only pads 1 and 2 are highlighted, both red). The unit was just fine before that firmware installation... any guess?

I had the same problem. I just started running the firmware update and kept unplugging and replugging it back in until it started showing it was updating.
By jacekk Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:12 am
jigdagod wrote:I had the same problem. I just started running the firmware update and kept unplugging and replugging it back in until it started showing it was updating.

thank u soooo much !!!! thanks a lot!!!!!:):):):):)
By jigdagod Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:29 am
jacekk wrote:
jigdagod wrote:I had the same problem. I just started running the firmware update and kept unplugging and replugging it back in until it started showing it was updating.

thank u soooo much !!!! thanks a lot!!!!!:):):):):)

Loujack wrote:Well I'll be damned!!! Thank you sir

No problem