Forum for all other samplers & synths such as Maschine, MVs, Akai S & Z series, Roland, Korg, OP-1, analog synths etc.
By gonche Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:17 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:Surely after what Korg has done, it has to be real analogue, not a V-808...

If analogue, 808, 909, both, or something different?

Based on the video, would expect 808.

I hope your also correct :)

Korg has been running away with it so Analogue makes sense :)

By the way thanks for the picture, looks wicked :)
By Coz Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:36 pm
Might be a hybrid.

I don't think anyone would be crying in their beer if a few sounds were derived from digital waveforms, as long as the core sounds were analogue… and the price was right. And obviously if it sounds good.
By Coz Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:07 pm
Someone just posted this on the OP-1 forum.

I got to play with prototypes back in November. Non disclosure agreement expires now that the Aira site is up. All 4 Aira machines are digital, but will use modeling technology rather than PCM. The TR-08 has 909 sounds as well. They are not software controllers. This new division of Roland is dedicated to hardware since software has taken a huge chunk of their sales. Pieces are solid and well built. Pricing will be extremely un-Roland (low) from what they told me. I'm not going to quote them here, though. Aira units are geared toward live performance rather than recording. One of them will have a very promising functionality. I really can't say much more in a public forum, but feel free to inbox me with any burning questions. Only 2 of the 4 prototypes were operational, TR-08 being one of them. Played with them for about 45 mins. Great fun.
By JUKE 179r Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:24 pm
:popcorn:
By reeloy Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:38 pm
...at least the kik and the snare MUST BE full tweakable ANALOG.....

otherwise this is just another plastic toy....we all have enough plastic toys...
no need for that at all....

if roland does'nt get that, they're out....and they should have better took one more look at korgs monotribe...that's raw and real.....

a 808 that could go beyond that, anno 2014, would be a killer....

we don't need simulations in plasticboxes...we need the real thing.....