For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By sciguy Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:50 pm
GUYS I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING BIG.

You know how only the Keys allows filter automation, which was quite a disappointing thing lacking in the Bass? WRONG.

YOU CAN AUTOMATE THE CUTOFF ON THE BASS. :shock: :shock:

Set the LFO to the lowest speed, square wave, assign to cutoff.
Use MIDI CC #42 (LFO dept) and BOOM MIDI CUTOFF AUTOMATION
The squarewave retriggers on any note, so if you set the LFO rate slow enough, it's effectively a constant value.
By medearis Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:43 pm
Nice find on the Volca Bass! I don't have mine anymore but this would have been the bee's tits right here. The Volcas are definitely some fun instruments.

Korg has the right idea with the analogue "toys"... especially leaving them wide open for hardware mods and all that fun sh*t. Speaking of, that MIDI out mod looks great! Going to give it a go in a few weeks. Think it would be really nice to have the Beats + a 404 in my backpack. :smoker:
By distortedtekno Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:00 am
I'm glad you still got the Beats. This mod looks easy and definitely worth it, especially to sync to a 404. I enjoy using the Beats with the 404SX. It's gonna be a killer combo all synced up. :nod:
By medearis Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:15 pm
Cenk got his PhD? Lolz

Dataline also has every Elektron bit ever made (maaaaaybe save for the SidStation) so I could easily see why (in his position) jamming the Beats was "limiting". :roll: :mrgreen:

I still own the Volca Beats & Keys - wanting to break the Keys open & see what could be done in there. I'm sure that if a circuit bender decided to go ham on the Keys they'd end up unlocking the demons within.
By Hththt555 Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:13 pm
can anyone explain this to me:

if i add midi out to a Volca Keys, can i use the paramter knobs/encoders on the Volca to trigger in depth FX/Filters of my Ensoiq ASR X?

Basically using it as midi controller when i dont need the synth part of ot?

If so, would the Korg knobs have a double function at the same time own synth and midi controller or how to imagine this?
By distortedtekno Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:43 pm
Hththt555 wrote:can anyone explain this to me:

if i add midi out to a Volca Keys, can i use the paramter knobs/encoders on the Volca to trigger in depth FX/Filters of my Ensoiq ASR X?

Basically using it as midi controller when i dont need the synth part of ot?

If so, would the Korg knobs have a double function at the same time own synth and midi controller or how to imagine this?

The MIDI Out mod only adds clock sync. The Volca cant be used as a controller.