Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Christian713 Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:14 am
Anyone buy this? Looks solid, from what I've read on here, the company is also great with customer service.
Would you recommend it?
I'm usually having to move the mpc2500 from my crib to the homie's, to the library etc and don't mind putting out the extra change for a reliable case.
By atasco Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:22 pm
It's probably good but overpriced. If you go to a shop that sells suitcases/bags, you can find a nice one on wheels with a handle for the same price (or maybe even cheaper) that will be a nice fit
By Christian713 Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:14 am
I hope this thread winds up informative for someone one day.

I bought the hardcase from mpcstuff and I think I like it so far.

Shipping was 24 dollars, it's pretty big, like medium sized duffelbag big. total, with discounted retail price of 130, i spent 153 american pesos. its a little too heavy for having only a handle (I wish these had some wheels and an extended handle) but the build is solid which is why i bought it. I'm pretty sure the plastic will last forever and that its sure to endure blows during flight or travel.

The inside seems sturdy, with two foam top/bottom innerlinings.
included was an interior foamy brick that you can personalize for your mpc for extra side cushioning - which i think is especially important to avoid unnecessary stress on buttons and faders.
I did the best I could to trim this down but i'm not crazy that i had to do this because I was scared I might **** it up.

after trimming down some it's still not a perfect fit for the mpc2500... extra foamy piece sits a little janky against the mpc. pokes out a bit unevenly along the front and back of the mpc. i have to tuck in the mpc quite a bit which i don't mind at the moment, but it seems a little questionable as to whether this soft foamy material will hold up the test against time.

i'll let ya'll kno.
By seth smith Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:49 pm
I purchased the MPC case from MPC stuff on November 23rd. It is now December 19th and 2 days ago one of the pins that hold the latches on slipped out (i guess) and now 1 of the 4 latches is gone before I've owned this thing for a month. I'm currently trying to return it, regardless of how well it still functions.
By Lampdog Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:30 pm
Christian713 wrote:I hope this thread winds up informative for someone one day.

Looks like it didn't.
By richie Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:51 am
The price is pretty fair for the size of a 2500 although if you're looking for something smaller, for the MPC 1000, these can easily be had for 60-90. I'm talking Pelican and Gator brand ones.

I actually found a local spot selling the MPC 1000 sized ones for $20 but they're scratched up on the outside and yellow.