Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By davehate Sun May 01, 2016 4:22 pm
Hey guys, lately I've read quite a bit of posts/questions about lcd screen replacement for the 3k and wanted to give a quick review of one I just had installed.

Kanamitmpc (from Chicago) reverse engineered the 3k screens and just recently started offering them to public (150$..he does do flash sales around 130$ from time to time...also free shipping)I had no problem with my stock screen but after seeing Instagram vids of just how bright and crisp they were I was sold..I needed some tlc to my unit (vailixi,missing left panel,cleaning,power supply,ram,button bleaching,screen) so I shipped it out to him. I received my unit exactly two weeks later and was beyond impressed with the screen. The screen negates need for inverters anymore and man is it bright and crisp..looks better then my 2500 honestly. Plug and play with absolutely no modding neccasary. The screen contrast works still and the letters/numbers are very defined..6 lights on the sides of screen make it incredibly bright and viewable from all angles perfectly.

Here's a quick vid:

http://ink361.com/app/users/ig-47247100 ... _472471004

I just wanted to make a quick post to give a heads up and support a good honest and professional contributer to the community... It's getting harder and harder nowadays to find peeps who are affordable/honest in this game and this post might help clear up any confusion or help someone in the market make the right choice.

"Money rock on" davehate
By davehate Mon May 02, 2016 1:06 am
konc3pt wrote:I've seen this on various pics and this video there seem to be light bleed around the corners, I suppose no bigge if you dont have to replace the backlight again

In the video it's prominent but in real life I don't even notice it. Looks extremely clean in real life.
By JAYCEE3K Mon May 02, 2016 1:59 am
konc3pt wrote:I've seen this on various pics and this video there seem to be light bleed around the corners, I suppose no bigge if you dont have to replace the backlight again

Yea even though it looks like really nice work i couldn't help but notice that also...
By WesWook Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:41 pm
I just copped a used 3000 with one of his screens and it looks amazing. Customers will not be dissapointed. Echoing what dhwand71 wrote, he's a cool dude, definately adding value to the MPC community in a major way. Support him if you have the opportunity!!
By BoyOfVirtue Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:53 am
Just grabbed the LCD screen and its a huge improvement

I never realized how much I was straining to read the dim OEM screen until I had popped this one in.... It makes the 3k MUCH less tiring to use

It makes more of a difference than you'd expect. Don't sleep on it
By BoyOfVirtue Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:57 pm
Got a couple PMs asking where I got it from - I'd only recommend getting it from KanamitMPC, eg:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Akai-MPC-3000-O ... SwZJlXMq-F

He's a real good dude I've known for a couple years now...always been trustworthy & very knowledgeable about the MPC3000. Fast turnaround and he was available to help me with the installation procedure. BoyOfVirtue APPROVED!!!
By JUKE 179r Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:32 am
I got my new screen from Kanamit and installed it today.
Bruh... It looks fookin AMAZING on my 3000LE! It was really easy to install (actually, it was easier than installIng MPC-Stuff's screen on a 2000XL), it's extremely clear and bright and also no more annoying ass hum from the backlight inverter.
It was well worth the money to replace the screen rather than buying another foil backlight.
By davehate Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:51 pm
Hi-D-Ho-Man wrote:What's his pricing like? Thinking of doing the LCD ,button whitening & tact switches soon

Extremely good...I don't want to blast his prices cause that's not professional but I would've paid 1000 easy with forat and let's just say I paid less then half that...

Very good pricing