Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By hok-2 Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:20 am
Silence zone.
In zone edit mode press 'Edit' and use the jog wheel to scroll to 'Silence zone' then 'Do It'.
It's quite usefull for chopping out small record clicks and cracks.
Reverse Zone, Insert Sound and Delete Zone are also accessed from this window.

Had my mpc2000 for about 4 years and did that for the first time the otherday. :smoker:
By Lampdog Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:13 pm
SILIS101 wrote:I use the EB16 Fx as well in one way or another often.

The little fx card with big heart.
By BBeats Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:44 am
earlier somebody spoke about how to stop really long samples from playing. there's an easier way to do that. when the sample is playing just spam the stop button a couple of times. the mpc should cut off all currently playing sounds. i'm not sure if it works on the 2000/xl but it does work on the 5000. pretty useful, if you just accidentaly hit the wrong pad and don't want to wait for it to finish playing.
By tapedeck Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:04 pm
BBeats wrote:earlier somebody spoke about how to stop really long samples from playing. there's an easier way to do that. when the sample is playing just spam the stop button a couple of times. the mpc should cut off all currently playing sounds. i'm not sure if it works on the 2000/xl but it does work on the 5000. pretty useful, if you just accidentaly hit the wrong pad and don't want to wait for it to finish playing.

this doesn't work on the xl.
By tapedeck Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:53 pm
Wal Martian wrote:Not on the 2K classic either. On the 2000 you can jump from main screen to trim and back and that stops all sounds.

now that is a good undocumented tip :mrgreen:
By MrDismal Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:58 am
Wal Martian wrote:Some people might know about the "Other" screen. For more accurate tap tempo Shift + 8 change the Tap Averaging value from 2 to 4. Now it will average the tempo based on data from 4 taps of the button, rather than 2.

I didn't know this one
By Wal Martian Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:02 pm
If you have the 8-outs card installed and you have sampled your sounds in stereo, but you don't want to use up 2 outputs for every sound, you can use the pan control in the mixer screen to hard pan samples to use up just one output (this may or may not change the stereo image, depending on what you sampled). Say you have a stereo drum break and a stereo loop. Instead of assigning the drums to output 1/2 and the loop to 3/4, assign both to outputs 1/2 and hard pan the drum sample L (out 1) and the loop sample R (out 2) now you have 6 mor outputs to utilize, rather than 4. Of course to avoid all this, and save memory, sample in MONO.
By Lampdog Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:22 am
In the MIXER stereo samples only give you 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 as outputs.

Mono samples give you 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 as outputs.

This use throw people's head into tailspins back in the day.
By tapedeck Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:50 pm
maybe i've already mentioned this, but usually you can't 'transpose' a drum track.

change the sequence type to midi, do the transposition, change back to drum track .... you just transposed a drum track.
this is handy if you want to replace every instance of a sample in a track.
By djkidmt Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:05 pm
tapedeck wrote:maybe i've already mentioned this, but usually you can't 'transpose' a drum track.

change the sequence type to midi, do the transposition, change back to drum track .... you just transposed a drum track.
this is handy if you want to replace every instance of a sample in a track.

Nice! I have been trying to figure out a way to do this for longer than I want to admit