Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By TheUnfuckwithable Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:19 pm
Well, horses for courses...

A computer is a great thing and you can get a lot of things done with it. But for me, nothing can beat a powerful hardware sampler/sequencer when it comes to actually create music. The computer never felt like a musical instrument. And it never inspired me to create music.

These quirky old hardware units do inspire me. And they just work. They usually don´t need updates. Tomorrow they´ll work exactly the same as they did yesterday. Computers do not. Reading all these threads in the MPC software subforum where people have problems like missing features, bugs, crashes, etc. after updating make me appreciate my hardware even more.

As I am happy with my MVs and (true, non Nukai) MPCs I don´t need a new hardware sampler. Nukai won´t get my money anyway!
By Coz Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:33 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:In my eyes every day it makes less and less sense to actually 'desire' a standalone unit, it sometimes seems like a step backwards.

The pros and cons of standalone vs controller + computer haven't changed in the years since the Ren dropped. The only difference is we now know how patchy the support has been from Akai, so as usual, it's 'buyer beware' when dealing with them.
By pspsounds Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:02 pm
I like the concept of a hybrid. Having the best of both worlds. Having basic functionality when not hooked to the computer and then when you want to dig in your vsts just plug it back in. Haven't heard from any of the beta testers. Maybe they are doing a lot of testing now.
By jpeg Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:59 pm
**** wrote:. The computer never felt like a musical instrument. And it never inspired me to create music.

These quirky old hardware units do inspire me. And they just work. They usually don´t need updates. Tomorrow they´ll work exactly the same as they did yesterday.

hence the hybrid gives u the power and features of modern computers combined with the hardware hands on feel for inspiration.
By greavous420 Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:21 am
Yeah the hybrid gives you the access to a variety of additional sounds via vsts but you still get the ease of use when it comes to programming, and sampling of course. I find the mpc studio allows me to 'get out of the daw' when creating and then I can 'go back in' when it comes to mixing if you get me
By BULLETHEAD Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:07 pm
MPC RUMORS UPDATE:

Hey wussup guys! Since my last post, I've continued to hunt and try and dig up more info on the rumored "MPC Eclipse". Yes, I was the one who initially broke the rumor/news of a Hybrid unit set to be released this quarter, ( hopefully the end of this month). I called about 10 more stores nationwide from Boston, to NJ, to Cali, and back down to Houston, TX, and what I discovered was that Akai is indeed working on not one, but 2 new units. They are indeed working on a Hybrid, (Standalone/Controller), as we've previously heard and supposedly it maybe called the "MPC Touch 2/Standalone. Also they are supposedly they are going to unveil another unit at Winter NAMM 2017 that is totally stand alone that will be around the $2000 range. The first unit will be priced around $899 and is still set to arrive this quarter in time for the holidays. This info came from a VERY reliable source who had actually seen both units and said they were both an answer to what the public has been craving. It makes total sense to do so, because You have Roland, Dave Smith & Roger Linn, Elektron, Korg, and Pioneer, all making standalone units in the $1500 - $2000 range apparently because there still is a desire for such gear. I myself am interested in both because it would be dope to pull away from the computer when desired to bang out an idea w/o the possibility of either the DAW, some VST(i) or the computer itself having issues or having the need for an update. All of such kills the creative juices. I have damn near every popular VSTi known but I bought a JUNO G from a guy simply because I missed being able to simply turn on a keyboard and start fiddling with ideas instantly, plus the fact it was only $150 played a major part also, lol. To confirm the possibility of the standalone even further, I personally know a once/still Major Producer with countless platinum/gold tracks under his belt that called another producer friend of his with the same credentials and this guy told him that the Flagship unit wasn't coming until 2017. I thought the guy was tripping because too many GC employees had the same story unless Akai really is set to release 2 new units. They did say "it was only the beginning" during the Touch debut. Nw to the wheer I think the GC guys got the name "Eclipse" from...There is a website called: http://www.eclipse.org/mpc/ and if you click on it, it tals about an Ec;ipse but MPC for them stands for "MARKET PLACE CLIENT". One thing I noticed was when I would call GC and ask when's the new MPC coming out most would say IDK but let me check on it for you. My guess is they Googled and that's what popped up....To take things a bit further, I contacted an Akai Rep and asked him about the rumored "MPC Eclpise" and he said the unit is defenitely not called "Eclipse" and that when it dropped, I would be very pleased with it for sure. So with that, he did kinda confirm a new unit, but was he telling the truth about the name or was he trying to throw me off so that I would get back on the forum and try and kill the buzz until it actually drops. Who Knows....But once I started asking for more possible details, like release date time frame, he hit me with this:

"We can neither confirm nor deny the existence of the information requested but, hypothetically, if such data were to exist, the subject matter would be classified, and could not be disclosed" ...lol

I'm from Alabama and if I can dig up these little tidbits of info, then I know there's people on here that can REALLY get it in. Although some info appears to be misleading, I promise it's not intentional or for attention, lol.....I'm just as anxious about 2.0/New Unit as the next guy. But if more of us would try and dig up some more info, someone is bound to leak better, more credible info and possibly photos. One thing is for sure IMO, if Akai releases both a Hybrid unit as well as a true standalone, that is going to put a lot of pressure on N.I. and once again put them in the runnings for that #1 spot, (if done correctly)...
By jpeg Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:49 pm
BULLETHEAD wrote:MPC RUMORS UPDATE:

Hey wussup guys! Since my last post, I've continued to hunt and try and dig up more info on the rumored "MPC Eclipse". Yes, I was the one who initially broke the rumor/news of a Hybrid unit set to be released this quarter, ( hopefully the end of this month). I called about 10 more stores nationwide from Boston, to NJ, to Cali, and back down to Houston, TX, and what I discovered was that Akai is indeed working on not one, but 2 new units. They are indeed working on a Hybrid, (Standalone/Controller), as we've previously heard and supposedly it maybe called the "MPC Touch 2/Standalone. Also they are supposedly they are going to unveil another unit at Winter NAMM 2017 that is totally stand alone that will be around the $2000 range. The first unit will be priced around $899 and is still set to arrive this quarter in time for the holidays. This info came from a VERY reliable source who had actually seen both units and said they were both an answer to what the public has been craving. It makes total sense to do so, because You have Roland, Dave Smith & Roger Linn, Elektron, Korg, and Pioneer, all making standalone units in the $1500 - $2000 range apparently because there still is a desire for such gear. I myself am interested in both because it would be dope to pull away from the computer when desired to bang out an idea w/o the possibility of either the DAW, some VST(i) or the computer itself having issues or having the need for an update. All of such kills the creative juices. I have damn near every popular VSTi known but I bought a JUNO G from a guy simply because I missed being able to simply turn on a keyboard and start fiddling with ideas instantly, plus the fact it was only $150 played a major part also, lol. To confirm the possibility of the standalone even further, I personally know a once/still Major Producer with countless platinum/gold tracks under his belt that called another producer friend of his with the same credentials and this guy told him that the Flagship unit wasn't coming until 2017. I thought the guy was tripping because too many GC employees had the same story unless Akai really is set to release 2 new units. They did say "it was only the beginning" during the Touch debut. Nw to the wheer I think the GC guys got the name "Eclipse" from...There is a website called: http://www.eclipse.org/mpc/ and if you click on it, it tals about an Ec;ipse but MPC for them stands for "MARKET PLACE CLIENT". One thing I noticed was when I would call GC and ask when's the new MPC coming out most would say IDK but let me check on it for you. My guess is they Googled and that's what popped up....To take things a bit further, I contacted an Akai Rep and asked him about the rumored "MPC Eclpise" and he said the unit is defenitely not called "Eclipse" and that when it dropped, I would be very pleased with it for sure. So with that, he did kinda confirm a new unit, but was he telling the truth about the name or was he trying to throw me off so that I would get back on the forum and try and kill the buzz until it actually drops. Who Knows....But once I started asking for more possible details, like release date time frame, he hit me with this:

"We can neither confirm nor deny the existence of the information requested but, hypothetically, if such data were to exist, the subject matter would be classified, and could not be disclosed" ...lol

I'm from Alabama and if I can dig up these little tidbits of info, then I know there's people on here that can REALLY get it in. Although some info appears to be misleading, I promise it's not intentional or for attention, lol.....I'm just as anxious about 2.0/New Unit as the next guy. But if more of us would try and dig up some more info, someone is bound to leak better, more credible info and possibly photos. One thing is for sure IMO, if Akai releases both a Hybrid unit as well as a true standalone, that is going to put a lot of pressure on N.I. and once again put them in the runnings for that #1 spot, (if done correctly)...

Interesting info one of these new units may be the MPC LEGACY that seems more in keeping with the Renaissance theme.

Also u were not the first to break the news; that honor goes to da knoc over at gearslutz.
By zangetsu01 Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:55 pm
@TheUnfockwithable

:Sigh: You had me there for a slide second until the words 'Beat' 'Thang' entered my mind.
By zangetsu01 Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:01 pm
Interesting info one of these new units may be the MPC LEGACY that seems more in keeping with the Renaissance theme.

Also u were not the first to break the news; that honor goes to da knoc over at gearslutz.

Do you have a link to that post?
By kaydigi Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:02 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:

Do you have a link to that post?

I think that thread was deleted, it caused a lot of turmoil.