Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By horstphil Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:26 pm
Hey everybody,

a question that makes me think over and over again, since a long time:

On the old samplers (S900/S950/Mpc60...) you just have a Mono Input.
Since there are two channels (stereo) on my vinyl very often, i have to switch the cabel to eiter have the left or the right channel.

I worked with a patchbay for a long time, even tried to use my mixer (vestax (pmc05)) but last thing didnt really work.

What are you doing on this point in order to not break the rec-input (while switching the jacks a million times)

hope i get some new ideas.

best regards, Phil
By Ottomatic Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:31 am
What I do when sampling on the 60 is to manually pan both channels together in the same direction (usually to the right) in my mixer so that way it makes a single mono output that contains the audio from both channels of the original source.
By 60_3000_2000_4000 Fri May 26, 2017 5:07 am
Ottomatic wrote:What I do when sampling on the 60 is to manually pan both channels together in the same direction (usually to the right) in my mixer so that way it makes a single mono output that contains the audio from both channels of the original source.

I don't like doing this as you get double the record crackle if you are sampling off vinyl :cry:

I've got my DJ mixer running into two mono channels on my desk and I send the channel I want to sample to the aux out that I've got running to my s950 input.