Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By decline_to_state Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:06 pm
Hello,
Thank you for your time, I appreciate the consideration very much.

ISSUE-AT-HAND:
Pads 2, 3, and 15 are unresponsive. I conducted PADCHK and all that but when I attempt to engage one of the problematic pads nothing registers--no input or force is detected by the unit at all.
If I am in PROGRAM screen and assigning sounds to notes & all that I can select one of the bad pads but still when I attempt to engage the pad(s), nothing happens.

CONTEXT / CONDITIONS TO CONSIDER:
I would like to fix my unit without spending any $$$. I have none and even if I did, I would be wary of giving-in and throwing cash at the problem.

STRATEGY THUS FAR:
I cleaned the area under the pads / above the sensors. I removed the ribbon cable thing, inspected the terminal, cleaned it, and re-attached the ribbon making sure to do so proper. Regardless, same problem(s) still present afterwards.

QUESTION REGARDING DIY METHOD I READ ABOUT:
So I read some posts from people with similar difficulties who were able to fix the dead pads by carefully gluing/pasting square cut-outs of foil to the underside of the rubber pads. While the method worked for them they expressed concern and fears of shorting out something if the foil were to become a bridge rather than a momentary conductor. The discussion was not specifically about the 2000XL but it seemed to make sense.

So what do you think I should do? I greatly appreciate your time and thank you again. I'd kick you down some OG bud but computers can't teleport weed yet...

Please help before I do something stupid.
:hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm: :vomit: