Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By Cloud.Paradigms Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:28 am
Hey all,

Just wondering if variance in typical boot times is something I should be worried about?

On Free JJOS and JJOSXL, I've noticed that my screen is sometimes stuck at the JJOS screen longer than the regular 15-20 seconds. Lately, it's been creeping up to a min (on occasion).

Anyone else experiencing this?

Cloud P.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:57 pm
Boot time shouldn't really vary on start up and I myself personally would be slightly worried about this issue as it could end up being something sinister with the flash ROM chip. I've never personally heard anyone having this problem with varying boot times using either one of the JJ-OS mentioned, let alone both of them.

1) First step I would try is to re-download and re-flash both JJOS back onto your MPC, starting with the Free OS first.

2) The next step I would try is if you have the 128mb ram expansion installed in your 2500. If you have, have you tried removing the ram from the machine to see if this fixes the issue? It maybe a case of bad ram memory that is causing the boot time to hang when the OS is trying to check if the ram has been upgraded.

If you have performed the above 2 steps and it hasn't fixed the issues then you know it something inside that is causing the varying boot time.

3) The next step would be to open the 2500 up and checked that there aren't any loose ribbon cables, burnt marks, visual cracks etc on the PCBs that may cause the issue?

4) The last step would be to find a local MPC repair in your area to see if they can find, locate and repair the issue for you.

Hopefully this may help you in solving what the issue maybe.