MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By DannyBmpc Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:09 pm
the real question is it gonna crash once an hour like my current software and is it going to be able to handle 10 vsts at a time without shitting the bed. That is pretty much all im looking for in 2.0 is improved stability!
By Coz Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:25 pm
pspsounds wrote:MPC X or MPC Live?

The Live looks like the poor relation to the X IMO, but it comes down to individual needs. If it's stable I'll give the X some serious consideration. :popcorn:
By MPD MPK RAY Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:54 pm

Software at the end:
Last edited by MPD MPK RAY on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By jpeg Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:02 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:The MPC Live @ £799 is very tempting, but I must admit after seeing the 'Sound on Sound' MPC X video, that 10" screen looks epic.

yeah when u said the live was over a G I was off; but at 799 and seriously looking at the live I want some confirmation on the possible improved touch screen.

and ur right about the X; cos in the graphic images of the X the screen looks silly but in real life photos and vids the screen looks solid and very detailed and functional
By mr_debauch Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:22 pm
it looks great and all... i just wonder why it isn't possible to run VSTs yet in these types of gear. I know it would be odd for installing 3rd party software on a proprietary machine ... but i have been using VST plug ins and fx for what? 10 or 12 years now and we are still waiting for that to be possible outside the computer daw.

they used to sell hardware that ran VST instruments and you plugged them in with midi etc... that was also like 10 years ago that i saw that... it was extremely expensive so i don't know that it caught on. it was actually cheaper back then to get a desktop computer.
By zangetsu01 Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:27 pm
Does anyone know how many vst's you can load per track..?? Is it still limited to 4..??
Also it would have been nice if we could freeze tracks, still no word..
By kaydigi Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:51 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Here's a summary of that article, stripping out all fluff regarding the existing MPC Software features

• Free download for existing owners of the Touch and Studio Black
  • Paid upgrade for owners of the MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio Silver (pricing not confirmed)
  • User interface now standardized across computer and standalone environments
  • Audio tracks (128 in computer mode, 8 stereo tracks in standalone mode)
  • Improved time-stretching with the new warping algorithm allows any audio file to adapt to the BPM of your project in real-time (works in audio tracks and in loops assigned to drum or clip programs)
  • Real time pitch shiftingy
  • New ‘CLIP’ programs (similar to clips in Ableton Live) can contain up to 16 loops with maximum length of 8 measures
  • Drag and Drop audio tracks, clips, regions, phrases and MIDI directly into DAWs
  • Plug-in programs will only function when attached to a computer running MPC Software.
  • Existing chopping functionality works with audio tracks (e.g assigning regions of an audio track to individual pads)
  • The Browser now moved to the right of the screen
  • Fully editable and configurable mapping of external instruments to Q Links
  • MPC X displays the parameter name and corresponding values on the OLED screen above the Q-Link dial
  • Improved mixer with better routing & scalable channel strips

Noooooooo, why only 8 tracks in standalone? Will that be 16 mono and 8 stereo? That puts a blow in what I was going to use it for. I was going to sell down some gear (dp24, Push 2 etc....) and use this as a replacement.
By MPD MPK RAY Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:34 am

Anybody notice no one is talking about the SOFTWARE?
Off topic:
Dec 9, 2013 - Logic's Flex Time and Ableton's Warping are conceptually similar, in that they're timestretching based on markers

:roll:

Imma hold my breath because the touch efx ARE on the MASTER OUTPUT!

but ima need to see that in SONG MODE
:popcorn:
By Bain Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:32 am
MPD MPK RAY wrote:

Anybody notice no one is talking about the SOFTWARE?
Off topic:
Dec 9, 2013 - Logic's Flex Time and Ableton's Warping are conceptually similar, in that they're timestretching based on markers

:roll:

Imma hold my breath because the touch efx ARE on the MASTER OUTPUT!

but ima need to see that in SONG MODE
:popcorn:

Thanks for the vid but I have a few questions. Is there a way to have the midi notes and multiple audio clips in the same view like cubase, ableton?
I saw a screenshot of it but none of the videos show it actually working.