MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Fanu Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:51 am
J.O.BEATS wrote:Akai is damned if they do damned if they don't. Everybody bitches about mpc controllers and not being stand alone. Then they make a stand alone and everybody bitches "but I can't use my plug ins and it'll never be as powerful as my macbook".

Akai is a s*%^$# company and deserve a lot of skepticism from their loyal customers but complaining that a stand alone MPC can't host vsts is a bit much

Truth! But we knew they'd complain no matter what. People have been nagging about no standalones on Akais socials forever...and now it's grief time as it won't use VSTs. If it did, they'd nag in a year about the tech not being powerful enough to run all their stuff.
People gotta be realistic!
Even saw some ppl say "Well it's not fully standalone if you can still use it with a computer"...dear god :Sigh:
By mr_debauch Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:55 am
well isn't there 4 inputs on the live? i wonder if you can record 4 (mono) tracks at the same time. That would make it like a little portable 4 track with an mpc type of drum machine built in.. that is cool. You could run the outputs from a classic mpc model right into it.. track out a drum section at once.. kick, snare, hihats, cymbals.. all at the same time out from the mpc 60 (or what ever) .. and then add some moog on top of that (or what ever synth... you could just pick it up and bring it next to each piece of gear in the studio and add something into the beat.
By zangetsu01 Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:32 am
mr_debauch wrote:well isn't there 4 inputs on the live? i wonder if you can record 4 (mono) tracks at the same time. That would make it like a little portable 4 track with an mpc type of drum machine built in.. that is cool. You could run the outputs from a classic mpc model right into it.. track out a drum section at once.. kick, snare, hihats, cymbals.. all at the same time out from the mpc 60 (or what ever) .. and then add some moog on top of that (or what ever synth... you could just pick it up and bring it next to each piece of gear in the studio and add something into the beat.

Why would you do that..??
Wouldn't it be easyer to just load the mpc 60 project in your new MPC..??
By wavejockey Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:58 am
we don't know if that's possible yet - they talk about samples & sequences (import) , not programs
=but i wonder why/how to load sequence data without the appropiate program data=
By mr_debauch Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:03 am
zangetsu01 wrote:
mr_debauch wrote:well isn't there 4 inputs on the live? i wonder if you can record 4 (mono) tracks at the same time. That would make it like a little portable 4 track with an mpc type of drum machine built in.. that is cool. You could run the outputs from a classic mpc model right into it.. track out a drum section at once.. kick, snare, hihats, cymbals.. all at the same time out from the mpc 60 (or what ever) .. and then add some moog on top of that (or what ever synth... you could just pick it up and bring it next to each piece of gear in the studio and add something into the beat.

Why would you do that..??
Wouldn't it be easyer to just load the mpc 60 project in your new MPC..??

first of all... for the fun of it..

second of all... loading bypasses the mpc60's digital to analog converters (a big part of what makes the 60 sound so desirable)

and third... I don't think if i plugged my USB floppy drive in the back of the mpc live that my mpc 60 double density floppy disks would be read by the mpc live.
By richie Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:24 am
@mr_debauch and running a 60 sequence on any other machine will not have the same timing.
By Jose da Silva Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:01 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:So what happens if you own an MPC Touch and an MPC Renaissance? Will your MPC Touch's free MPC 2.0 upgrade allow you to connect your MPC Renaissance as well? Or will you have to pay for a separate MPC Renaissance license?

I don,t Rink it's a Problem, besause you have a licents for 3 computers.
By mr_debauch Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:21 pm
richie wrote:@mr_debauch and running a 60 sequence on any other machine will not have the same timing.

that is it... and because with audio tracks built in.. things will sound different if you record longer takes from external sources combined with the internal sequencing... instead of 100% of the song being made up of sounds cut into minute tiny little bits and locked to a grid. After a decade or more of doing that with mpcs.. it's nice to have something new. It's nice to have the mpc sound.. but that is different from everything sounding like it was made on an mpc.
By mega77 Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:34 pm
Fanu wrote:
J.O.BEATS wrote:Akai is damned if they do damned if they don't. Everybody bitches about mpc controllers and not being stand alone. Then they make a stand alone and everybody bitches "but I can't use my plug ins and it'll never be as powerful as my macbook".

Akai is a s*%^$# company and deserve a lot of skepticism from their loyal customers but complaining that a stand alone MPC can't host vsts is a bit much

Truth! But we knew they'd complain no matter what. People have been nagging about no standalones on Akais socials forever...and now it's grief time as it won't use VSTs. If it did, they'd nag in a year about the tech not being powerful enough to run all their stuff.
People gotta be realistic!
Even saw some ppl say "Well it's not fully standalone if you can still use it with a computer"...dear god :Sigh:

Agreed.
By MPD MPK RAY Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:22 pm
Muse Research Receptor VIP II
Hardware
Processor: Dual-Core Intel 3.30GHz
Drive: 1TB 7200RPM Hard drive with 64MB cache, Optional 256GB/512GB/1TB SSD drive.
RAM: 8GB of 1333MHz high-speed DDR3 RAM, expandable to 16GB
Power: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, Auto-ranging, Auto-power correction power supply.
Dimensions: 2U high (3.5" / 8.9 cm) by 11.25" / 28.6cm deep by 19" / 48.3cm wide (Case is 17.375" wide)
Weight: 14 pounds (6.3kg), 17.5 pounds (7.9kg) with pack-out kit and box.
2 channels rear panel, line level, unbalanced 1/4" inputs.
2 channels rear panel, line level, unbalanced 1/4" outputs.
Front panel headphone output (either/or with rear-panel outputs)
Full Size MIDI input.
Four USB ports.
VGA video output for viewing / editing software interface of plug-ins.
Ethernet port.
OPTIONAL PreSOnus AudioBox 1818 VSL I/O Module

:arrow: USED
$1,375 + $1 Shipping

https://reverb.com/item/3598208-muse-research-receptor-vip-ii?gclid=Cj0KEQiAzNfDBRD2xKrO4pSnnOkBEiQAbzzeQcYxph7Cr_EDUpF6JM5orf9bDVy83WXEW7ewM9JNQYsaAkrj8P8HAQ&pla=1

*****Lets get back to the subject at hand cuz the people that wanna take Omni, Kontakt with them are looking at this shoved inside the new "Retronyms Ren". Software 2.0 time!
By coolderb Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:38 am
Fanu wrote:
J.O.BEATS wrote:Even saw some ppl say "Well it's not fully standalone if you can still use it with a computer"...dear god :Sigh:

LMAO, that's funny! This MPC X/Live launch has people saying some crazy stuff. I read a post on FB this morning that read "RIP VSTs".

He must think think that this is the Windows Embedded Hybrid that was proto-typed a few years ago.
By quietizkept Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:09 am
richie wrote:I've been considering starting a thread about cheap high powered DAW builds people can do now with decomissioned server grade parts. Everything is so cheap now. 32 Gig DDR3 for $60 CDN, 6 core 12 thread 3.3ghz processors, $70, etc.

:worthy: Please do so!
By MPD MPK RAY Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:49 am
WHERE ARE THE 2.0 SOFTWARE VIDEOS?
By rookie Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:55 pm
MPD MPK RAY wrote:WHERE ARE THE 2.0 SOFTWARE VIDEOS?

I was thinking the same thing, they keep pumping the hardware, but its no good without software.