MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mr_debauch Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:47 pm
Icepulse wrote:
eclipxe wrote:I'd expect the standard effects available in the current MPC software/MPC 5000 available on both machines in standalone mode and and on the flagship MPC-X some form of built in synthesis.

Some basic effects, yes. Don't get your hopes up for a synth in standalone on either device. Very very unlikely. Maybe in a future release.

Supposedly, these videos are 100% in-unit;

If those aren't synth pads, they're some very good samples w/ a LOT of sustain.

Also,I find it kind of hard to believe that a 2017 Standalone MPC based on 2.0 software will feature "some basic effects". Who the F would settle for that?[/quote]

IMO only the moog sounded good... those other string and piano samples sounded like the yamaha PSR-75
By mr_debauch Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:48 pm
mr_debauch wrote:
Icepulse wrote:
eclipxe wrote:I'd expect the standard effects available in the current MPC software/MPC 5000 available on both machines in standalone mode and and on the flagship MPC-X some form of built in synthesis.

Some basic effects, yes. Don't get your hopes up for a synth in standalone on either device. Very very unlikely. Maybe in a future release.

Supposedly, these videos are 100% in-unit;

If those aren't synth pads, they're some very good samples w/ a LOT of sustain.

Also,I find it kind of hard to believe that a 2017 Standalone MPC based on 2.0 software will feature "some basic effects". Who the F would settle for that?

IMO only the moog sounded good... those other string and piano samples sounded like the yamaha PSR-75[/quote]
By EMILABEN145 Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:20 pm
will x/live be truly standalone? that is, MPC2.0 software running on a computer will not be necessary for bootstrapping the device or software updates. i'm a linux user and have no plans on installing windows or running the software through emulation.
By Freddyfresh Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:25 pm
Will it have the ability to take any Loop with say a tempo of 125 and sync (using granular style synthesis) as Ableton does. And then sync with a loop of say 80 BPM without the nightmare of time stretching. As in drag and drop like Abelton can do..I heard that this will be possible from some German Akai reps. So we can say goodbye forever to tempo maps of liker tempo'd loops as in 92-99 BPM 100-105 BPM 121-129 BPM as before in MPCs the only way to sync loops without the headache of time stretch was to use re-pitch and keep the loops in close groups of similar tempos.
By chino Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:39 pm
Freddyfresh wrote:is there anyone else on this board that also plays loops and syncs them with MPC or are we all using mpc for one shots drum builds etc??

I plan on using the new MPC Live like this. I feel the 2.0 software & the MPC live will be better suited to this style of playing with the clip launch and real time time stretch. One thing that is missing is warp markers, though. Basically, it will all depend on how stable the 2.0 software is. No one really knows until we can get are hands on one.
By rookie Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:00 am
Can the memory be upgraded?
Is there a slot for an internal hard drive, if so to what capacity?
Can I load up files from the MPC 60, directly into the machine if used in stand alone mode?
By wavejockey Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:45 am
what i don't read anywhere but would like to know is how 'bout the step sequencer
(as a EDM/houz/ambient producer)
is it 'just' a copy of the one in the other AKAI products ?
can u run more than one instance (at a time) ?
are the result to be copied into a (MIDI) track ?
can the output be directed internaly or extern (MIDI, CV/GATE, phrase looper, trigger samples, ...)?
how many steps?
can a step contain more than just a note (midi cc, XYFX parameters, CV/GATE...) ?
direction (forward, backward, ...)?
resolution, start point etc to be changed on the fly?
=that it for now=
By massika Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:54 pm
Questions I Have
1) What is the Bit rate and Sample rate of both devices, and will they work as an audio interface in controller mode like the Ren and Touch?
2) Can you install and run Vst's in Standalone Mode?
3) Will 2.0 be a free upgrade for current Mpc Touch owners?
4) In standalone mode what operating system is being use? ex. windows, linux, ect.
5) Can external audio interfaces be connected to the usb 3 slots to expand the i/o?
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:02 pm
massika wrote:Questions I Have
1) What is the Bit rate and Sample rate of both devices, and will they work as an audio interface in controller mode like the Ren and Touch?
2) Can you install and run Vst's in Standalone Mode?
3) Will 2.0 be a free upgrade for current Mpc Touch owners?
4) In standalone mode what operating system is being use? ex. windows, linux, ect.
5) Can external audio interfaces be connected to the usb 3 slots to expand the i/o?

1) You'd expect it to
2) no - this has already been asked and answered
3) supposedly
4) not windows (official), probably linux. However it doesn't actually matter, it's a closed system and you won't have access.