Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.

Poll: What are you going to do when the new MPC's drop..??

21%
22%
4%
34%
18%
By pspsounds Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:42 pm
The battery power makes it VERY portable. If you can get a solid 4 hours with it then it's a win. I'm keeping my eye out for Wifi Akai website says that's a future update.

- Ableton Link and WiFi will be supported in future updates
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:31 pm
To be honest I will be sticking to my 1000/2500 JJOS & Reaper combo, it's all I need and probably all I will ever need to produce tracks :smoker:
By J.O.BEATS Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:40 pm
As long as the Live doesn't have any major bugs at release I'm gonna scoop one up. I need something portable since I travel weekly for work. This thing will be dope on a plane! But I might wait for a price drop or to buy one 2nd hand from some dude who is mad it don't have vst in it lol
By vwkountz Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:00 pm
Living Bate wrote:Renaissance & 2.0 will do me nicely for now....

I'll just :popcorn: when the new stuff drops and make a decision after I've seen if peeps thirst is getting quenched...

Ya, the 2.0 software and Ren will get the job done. Thanx, in advance for the beta testers of the MPC X and Live. I will beta test the software first this time around (purchased Ren Oct 2012 Ver 1.0) see how the update effects my DAW use (Ableton and Studio One) , adjust/improve workflow and learn to manipulate the new features.

:popcorn:
By séance Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:16 pm
I doubt I'll be purchasing either of the new MPCs, the cost is a bit high for my liking.
For years now Akai has notoriously released underdeveloped products and failed to fix critical issues with their existing operating systems.
I'm willing to bet that the AD/DA converters in these new MPCs won't be great and I don't have high hopes for the preamps either. 24bit/96k sampling is a nice touch and welcomed addition, but we should have had that as a standard since the 4000 in 2002...
For what it's worth, if these MPCs are just the "MPC Software 2.0 hardware box" then to me it seems more logical to buy a used Studio or Ren for cheap and use that as a controller. In effect it will be the same, right?

I can understand why some people will like having the analog I/O section, but I'd rather rely on a company that specializes in building quality AD/DA's like Antelope or Apogee for this. Same goes for clocking and midi synchronization.

Then again, to each his.

If it ain't broke, new gear ain't gonna fix it.

edit: If these do prove themselves worthwhile, and I find one for a reasonable price, I'm not ruling out owning one a few years down the line. As of now however, these new MPCs aren't offering me anything my current selection of gear isn't.
By mega77 Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:18 pm
I've already preordered the MPC X. I was like most very hesitant. I got the Ren when it first came out . I had to wait while before some features I needed became available. But I loved it. The main reason I'm getting it is for standalone for gigs rather than carry my laptop with me.
By SLYMARTYR Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:21 am
I have had a 1000, 500 and now rock a 2500. OSXL is gangster. I really want a decent portable sampler which the 500 was not. I've owned 2 x SP404SX and sold both. Owned an OP-1 and sold it. Hopefully the live is decent and can load projects from the 2500 and vice versa. Anyone cluey on that? Cheers. :smoker:
By greavous420 Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:02 pm
SLYMARTYR wrote:I have had a 1000, 500 and now rock a 2500. OSXL is gangster. I really want a decent portable sampler which the 500 was not. I've owned 2 x SP404SX and sold both. Owned an OP-1 and sold it. Hopefully the live is decent and can load projects from the 2500 and vice versa. Anyone cluey on that? Cheers. :smoker:

The software can open legacy and can export to 2500. It probably requires a bit of messing around before working properly with programs etc but the capability is there.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:32 pm
Yes It can open 2500 projects and export them, although both ways requires tweaking. I don't think Akai have gone anywhere near the legacy import/export features since the early days, I know there's still some outstanding issues, for example MPC5000 export forces all sounds to become looped (only in the MPC5000), issues with envelopes etc, not sure if they fixed the issue where 24 bit sounds were not converted to 16 bit for the 1000/2500.

Personally would like to see export for 'iconic' MPCs implemented at some point (2000/XL/3000), but I don't think stuff like that is exactly pressing
By d. realist Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:13 pm
Psychedelic Schizophrenic wrote:To be honest I will be sticking to my 1000/2500 JJOS & Reaper combo, it's all I need and probably all I will ever need to produce tracks :smoker:

It's pretty much the same for me. MPC 1000 with JJOS 2XL and then to a DAW like Ableton for effects processing and mixing. No need to ask for more. :smoker: