Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By Ian Canefire Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:58 pm
Obsolete not sure about that.
Considering that people still buy SP1200's and vinyl records.
I will likely, finally sell my mpc4000 once I know for sure that the MPC X can do 24bit and at least 48khz for vocals.
If it has 128 polyphony then I'm really happy.

I would never buy it at this price though. The devalution will be too steep. To me gear should be lowering in price as tech hardware is not expensive anymore. Price is set too high. If you finance this and aren't making money with your music then you are really wasting money. Seen it happen all too often.
I can wait 3 years for lower cost (under $1000) and OS stability. Glad they made it but they are gouging.
Korg is making fun stuff at lower cost.
i just sold our band's working low mileage full sized 1996 van for US$2750. Think about that for perspective.
cheers
ian
By Fanu Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:30 pm
Ian Canefire wrote:I will likely, finally sell my mpc4000 once I know for sure that the MPC X can do 24bit and at least 48khz for vocals.
If it has 128 polyphony then I'm really happy.

If the mod matrix of the 4000 is dear to you, hold on to it.
That of 2.0 won't probably come close.
By MeSoHordey Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:49 pm
Every connected controller that they stop supporting becomes instantly devalued to a point where they are eventually a doorstop.

Every stand-alone controller keeps on keeping on.
By pspsounds Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:08 am
People buy multiple controllers which probably amount to what a Live or MPCX is worth. I'm not expecting the Standalone to have everything. But to be able to switch back and forth on the computer is great. Some people may find themselves never hooking up to the computer. All depends on your workflow.

To Each His Own.
By jpeg Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:35 pm
MeSoHordey wrote:Every connected controller that they stop supporting becomes instantly devalued to a point where they are eventually a doorstop.

not really;

even if they stop supporting, u just install the latest support version of the software for ur controller,

than keep on keeping on the same way.
By mr_debauch Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:20 pm
jpeg wrote:
MeSoHordey wrote:Every connected controller that they stop supporting becomes instantly devalued to a point where they are eventually a doorstop.

not really;

even if they stop supporting, u just install the latest support version of the software for ur controller,

like the mpd16?
By jpeg Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:56 pm
mr_debauch wrote:
jpeg wrote:

not really;

like the mpd16?

nope like the ren and studio;

but I think a few touch users may be pissed that the better live came out so soon after the touch; with a better screen and standalone.

although the touch will be around for a long time as far as support from akai, there will be an element of it being obsolete as people shift to the live.

but that will be of advantage to those who want a touch interface but dont need the standalone; also the touch screen on the touch is decent provided the pc is a decent spec to reduce latency.
By soultrane28 Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:41 pm
I'd like to get the X, but if you pair the Ren w a firewire desk, (like I did), then the X will have a bunch of features I won't really need unless I start traveling or gigging alot again.

8 analog outs is nice, but Ren w something like an Onyx or AH Zed16r, or Midas Venice, gives you 16 out (or 24 or 32 in the Midas), with no snake!

I'm not 100% sold on how the Ren/OSX works with hardware MIDI stuff, so I'll wait until reports are in on the X before trading over.

If it's really tight and really good, I'll get rid of the Ren, and figure out what to do with CV and 8 outs :smoker: :lol: 8)
By ceasi Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:28 pm
Living Bate wrote:The way I see it, if 2.0 works well on the Renaissance then that could be me satisfied for a very long time.....

As long as I can always buy a new computer and install Windows 10 & MPC 2.0 on it then it will always be supported.

If 2.0 sucks on the Renaissance I will re-evaluate, but that's my current stance.....

Agreed.