Exchange tips and tricks for the Akai MPC4000
By shimmyshimmy Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:29 am
Sup guys.
So I'm planning to sell my 4K, because it's not getting used. I used to make everything inside this machine, but now I'm moving into computer stuff and stepping away from sampling as well. I got my eye on this new MPC Touch and I'm probably gonna grab it after NAMM.

I didn't power it up for a few months sometimes for the last couple of years and I must say it's in worse shape because of this under usage. Everything is working, but I have to press some buttons with a bit of force and my Main Volume knob makes nasty noise when I turn it; it's fine when I stabilize it though. I need to replace all the screws, because next time someone wants to open there might be troubles.

Most of the stuff I need is on the mpcstuff, but I didn't see liquid or material to clean it up with. I know it collected a lot of dust through all these years. So first thing I'm gonna do is clean this thing up. I need some general advice on how to approach this and I just a bit of help how to start.

And lastly I wanted to thank you guys, because it's here where I learned most of the stuff I know today, some of you were like a gold mine for me, back in the day :worthy:
By wavejockey Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:26 am
i clean my MPC4k with (moist) swipes, 1.8€ for 99 pcs ; could be the title of a (homesick) rap song
By richie Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:18 pm
Cam'ron did have a track called Wet Wipes produced by Alchemist a few years back.
By Lampdog Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:08 pm
By shimmyshimmy Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:19 pm
Wal Martian wrote:I work in IT in healthcare and these are what I would recommend.
They're alcohol based and don't leave any residue. Avoid ammonia based wipes as they can melt plastics and avoid anything with added moisturizers like aloe vera.

Thanks man, that's very helpful.

Gonna listen to this Cam'ron track first and then I'll be mentally prepared for the task.
By wavejockey Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:01 pm
Lampdog wrote:

richie wrote:Cam'ron did have a track called Wet Wipes produced by Alchemist a few years back.

doesn't sound it was produced with a clean MPC4000 ...