Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:03 pm
Just checked the JJOS website today and seen the following:

OS3 Version 2 apparently is being released sometime in March 2017.

Anyone got any information on this? Share your thoughts on this? Feature requests? etc.
By ~dj~ Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:12 am
Mmhh...I'm excited...many feature requests in my mind...will post them when I got more time...

Thank you for the information Psychedelic Schizophrenic... I hope I can sleep tonight...
By teevee Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:23 am
I don't hope this will require to buy an additional license to us who already bought OS 3...
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:41 am
~dj~ wrote:Mmhh...I'm excited...many feature requests in my mind...will post them when I got more time...
Cool post them up ~dj~, you never know they could get implemented into the new version :-D
teevee wrote:I don't hope this will require to buy an additional license to us who already bought OS 3...
Only time will tell really, if it a few bucks more for an additional licence for OS3 then I'm happy to show my support and dedication by purchasing it. But my gut feeling at the moment is that version 2 is no other then the OS128SP version for the users that still are rocking the factory stock smaller screens.
By inflict3 Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:42 am
Y'all think JJ would add lazy chop to JJOS?? One of my favorite features lately..
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:10 pm
According to the JJOS website it seems OS128XL is having a version 2 update too, also being released sometime in March 2017. :smoker:

Wonder what is going down :hmmm:

Will get one the Admin team to update the thread title.

d. realist wrote:Wow, thanks for the heads up man. I'm sure it's about to be something good. :worthy:
No worries mate and hopefully it going to something good :-D
inflict3 wrote:Y'all think JJ would add lazy chop to JJOS?? One of my favourite features lately..
Depending on the space limit that JJ has to work with but man that would be killer feature for the OS :-D Hopefully JJ could implement this :wink: :wink:
By le rat Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:27 am
Here we go:
-feature added and modifications on main screen
-features deleted:
Pressure setting in Main screen
PATTERN
Pad Mode
Pads status display mode
-feature added:
"Pad play mode"
The ability to play a track by pressing a pad.
Example: you press pad1 and track3 plays.
It’s possible to select bars and select a looping region for each track.
Example: you press pad1 and track3 loops from bar3 to bar5, then you press pad2 and track5 loops from bar1 to bar3.

About main screen: the loop function works like in OS2XL. (F1 button for this setting)
While playing, if you go in GRID EDIT it stills loop. (Unlike the V1 current state)

I'm still a OS2XL user but look forward to trying this :)
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:09 pm
le rat wrote:Same for me I don't mind paying if there's a full support :)
Will try to get some information.
Yeah same here mate but I'm guessing it comes down to demand at the end of the day.Like I said before I'm happy to show my support and dedication by purchasing it if it's a reasonable price. Oh nice one Le Rat, thanks for finding out some information on the new updates. Looking forward to trying out OS3 version 2 especially for the loop and hold function like OS2XL which I use quite regularly :-D
By le rat Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:16 pm
Latest news:
-about GRID, only 48 tracks available (because of memory problems)
-it's possible to use sliders in TRIM and MIXER modes (like in OS2XL)
By allank Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:53 pm
Pressure setting in Main screen
PATTERN
Patterns.. hmm .. yeah .. never really used this much.. I had designs on it.. but never got there..

Pad Mode....

arrrrggggh I love this function!!!

Pads status display mode
That's a pity.. I really like this feature for quick editing ..

-feature added:
"Pad play mode"
The ability to play a track by pressing a pad.
Example: you press pad1 and track3 plays.
It’s possible to select bars and select a looping region for each track.
Example: you press pad1 and track3 loops from bar3 to bar5, then you press pad2 and track5 loops from bar1 to bar3.

About main screen: the loop function works like in OS2XL. (F1 button for this setting)
While playing, if you go in GRID EDIT it stills loop. (Unlike the V1 current state)

-This looks okay ..
could make for good performances... BUT is it worth the loss of the PAD mode..
By allank Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:55 pm
Will test this out.. If this is the end of the line for support on 1.x and I don't like it.. looks like 128SP might have to be the OS.. Although this does feel like compromise.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:07 pm
le rat wrote:Latest news:
-about GRID, only 48 tracks available (because of memory problems)
-it's possible to use sliders in TRIM and MIXER modes (like in OS2XL)
Cheers for the update mate :-D
allank wrote:Will test this out.. If this is the end of the line for support on 1.x and I don't like it.. looks like 128SP might have to be the OS.. Although this does feel like compromise.
I'm guessing that support for 1.x will stop and continue on version 2. If OS3 Version 1.x is stable enough and has the right features for you then there is nothing stopping you from continuing using it.
By Certified Beatz Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:47 am
This is why i pulled my post down on ebay i wanted to sell it but JJ still cooking up fixes and I dont really use my MPC anymore since my NI Studio but having the audio engine built in also MTC is a godsend .. now I have the MPC X on preorder.. good year so far