Post your views and questions about the Akai MPC2500
By JXC Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:12 pm
Hello I recently bought a beautiful akai mpc 2500, it came from Italy with the eu plug. Upon acquiring the us power cord the unit plugs up and powers on. But when in mode there is no sound coming out when you press the pads. My original thought was maybe it got damaged during shipping and after talking with mpc stuff they kind of narrowed it down to possibly the main pcb. There were new pad sensors installed, and on the back of the unit it's says AC 100-240V 50/60Hz 21W. I didn't send it in I was going to troubleshoot it to see if there is damage internally but after realizing the eu power configuration I thought maybe I just need a converter. So basically lol my question is can you use an akai mpc 2500se eu version without any converter in the us?
By TheUnfuckwithable Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:23 pm
JXC wrote:But when in mode there is no sound coming out when you press the pads.

Which mode?

Did you create/load a program? Does that program contain samples that are assigned to those pads?

JXC wrote:my question is can you use an akai mpc 2500se eu version without any converter in the us?

Yes.
By richie Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:45 pm
It's a switching power supply, so it'll work.