Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By TheOddfather Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:50 am
What's up guys! Just got the call from Bruce that my MPC is ready and I made my payment and he sent it out. I got a pad sensor replacement as well as got a CF card reader installed and he also fixed up some loose wiring and fixed my jog wheel at no additional cost. What a wonderful guy. Anyway I just wanted to ask if anyone has ever gotten a CF card reader installed through him and how it is going for them. He did mention it was hot swappable which is nice. And if anyone knows any tutorials on how to format the CF card whenever I get the MPC back please let me know. I just haven't found much the setup. Excited to get my baby back! Thanks guys!
By JUKE 179r Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:50 pm
TheOddfather wrote:What's up guys! Just got the call from Bruce that my MPC is ready and I made my payment and he sent it out. I got a pad sensor replacement as well as got a CF card reader installed and he also fixed up some loose wiring and fixed my jog wheel at no additional cost. What a wonderful guy. Anyway I just wanted to ask if anyone has ever gotten a CF card reader installed through him and how it is going for them. He did mention it was hot swappable which is nice. And if anyone knows any tutorials on how to format the CF card whenever I get the MPC back please let me know. I just haven't found much the setup. Excited to get my baby back! Thanks guys!

What OS do you have on it? I think OS3.5 has different options of formatting.
What was the price you paid for Bruce Forat's midas touch? :lol:
By davehate Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:42 pm
TheOddfather wrote:What's up guys! Just got the call from Bruce that my MPC is ready and I made my payment and he sent it out. I got a pad sensor replacement as well as got a CF card reader installed and he also fixed up some loose wiring and fixed my jog wheel at no additional cost. What a wonderful guy. Anyway I just wanted to ask if anyone has ever gotten a CF card reader installed through him and how it is going for them. He did mention it was hot swappable which is nice. And if anyone knows any tutorials on how to format the CF card whenever I get the MPC back please let me know. I just haven't found much the setup. Excited to get my baby back! Thanks guys!

Not dissing forat because dude is a good guy foreal....

But there's much cheaper options for work .his prices are crazy expensive compared to competition.

That being said, for you:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=129881

I really have to stress to you that your cf card is not hot swap able..keep that in mind.

Chez wrote:
1. The flash cards are not hot swappable...in other words you have to cut the machine off to remove the card.
2. The 3000 will only format a drive up to 700 or so mb so if you can get your hands on 1 gb or 512 mb cards you're in luck.
3. The 3000 formats the card with 32mb partitions so you will have several partitions when you're done.
4. I've read about ways of putting the 3000 formatted card on the computer, but I am not certain of how to do it. I know there's the valixi os that will make hybrid partitions.