MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jpeg Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:47 pm
rookie wrote:
Yeah I know there's no such thing as the MV X but, if it was I'M quite sure they will make a touchscreen and it would probably be crazy!

welp the mv x will take a lot longer to deliver than the mpc so u may as well get that.
By Ill-Green Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:11 pm
I already know there will not be a successor to the MV8800. Waiting for that unicorn is like waiting for LinnDrum2. These MPCs are right around the corner though. Out of all companies Pioneer are the schmucks. People dying for a Live but only the SP16 available but they don't wanna lower the price to smash competition at the front door...but I wouldn't get that piece of shit anyway if its a glorified SP404 with touchscreen.
By zangetsu01 Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:38 pm
Probably. On Bax-shop.de it does not work. On the .nl site on the other hand it does.... hm, dunno.. will they allow me to order from the .nl site when there is their German site?

If you can you should place your order in the Netherlands and place a check at the checkbox that says you will pay in the store cash/pin. When they'll receive it they will call you and you can plan your trip to the Netherlands to pick it up.. :mrgreen:
By Fanu Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:56 pm
All kinds of temptations in the air; my old MPC 4000 is up for sale in my hometown at the moment.
Can't help feeling tempted by it.
Been also been thinking how well/poorly the X actually compares to the 4K in terms of features....hmmm.

I know the X has realtime time-stretching but that's not a feature I ever use. Same goes for clip launching.

The 4K has a dope mod matrix and step-based "automation sequencer" (kind of) based on q-link values.
The X has CV out but that's not something I'd ever use.

One thing the 4K can't do, which is quite essential to my way of writing music, is previewing sounds from the HD while the song is playing.
I know Ren/Touch software can do that; would love to know if Live/X can do that.

The 4K is sturdy at least.

Hmmmmmm.
By otobot Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:08 pm
zangetsu01 wrote:
Probably. On Bax-shop.de it does not work. On the .nl site on the other hand it does.... hm, dunno.. will they allow me to order from the .nl site when there is their German site?

If you can you should place your order in the Netherlands and place a check at the checkbox that says you will pay in the store cash/pin. When they'll receive it they will call you and you can plan your trip to the Netherlands to pick it up.. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the tip :mrgreen: Hadn't planned any trip to the NL this year and an early preorder with Thomann on the Live... I guess I'll keep that one running - makes also sense considering warranty and stuff.
Peace
By chino Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:18 pm
Ill-Green wrote:I already know there will not be a successor to the MV8800. Waiting for that unicorn is like waiting for LinnDrum2.

I know it's not likely BUT if either of these machines were released by summer….. competition would be fierce! I don't know if the "King of Drum Machines'- Akai could go toe to toe with a new Roland MV MKII and/or a LinnDrumm2. I would like to see it happen though! Competition amongst companies is a good thing for consumers. It drives down the cost AND improves the product/features. :nod:
By starmanwarz Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:26 pm
Fanu wrote:All kinds of temptations in the air; my old MPC 4000 is up for sale in my hometown at the moment.
Been also been thinking how well/poorly the X actually compares to the 4K in terms of features....hmmm.

I know the X has realtime time-stretching but that's not a feature I ever use. Same goes for clip launching.

The 4K has a dope mod matrix and step-based "automation sequencer" (kind of) based on q-link values.

One thing the 4K can't do, which is quite essential to my way of writing music, is previewing sounds from the HD while the song is playing.
I know Ren/Touch software can do that; would love to know if Live/X can do that.

Hmmmmmm.

Personally I'd never go back to my 2500. After I sold it a month ago to fund the X I never looked back. I think it's way too archaic for today's standards. It gets the job done though. Dunno about the 4K.

These new MPC's are a breath of fresh air and they are the reason I'm gonna start making beats again, although I forgot how expensive this hobby is. I have to save for the X, an SSD for it, probably an audio interface, and I'm also looking to add a synth to the set up. It's going to be a tough year it seems 8)
By zangetsu01 Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:36 pm
starmanwarz wrote:Personally I'd never go back to my 2500. After I sold it a month ago to fund the X I never looked back. I think it's way too archaic for today's standards. It gets the job done though. Dunno about the 4K.

These new MPC's are a breath of fresh air and they are the reason I'm gonna start making beats again, although I forgot how expensive this hobby is. I have to save for the X, an SSD for it, probably an audio interface, and I'm also looking to add a synth to the set up. It's going to be a tough year it seems 8)

I feel ya there.. Did the same thing, sold my 2500 and never looked back. Didn't use it anyway. Did the same with the MPC Touch but I must say I do miss it. I sold both MPC's to fund the 'X', I just hope that once I get mine I will never look back.. :smoker:
By rookie Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:52 pm
Fanu wrote:All kinds of temptations in the air; my old MPC 4000 is up for sale in my hometown at the moment.

Hmmmmmm.

Trust me keep your 4K. But still get the X . I was under the impression that the Ren could read my mpc60 disk and can't even get the computer to recognize the disk :oops: so I'm a about to get a 2kxl just to be able to retweak some of my old stuff.
By NoidZ Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:47 pm
Hi guys!

On launch day I got the SP-16 with really no marketing thing I've ever saw from it. Before that I haven't even heard from standalone music stations.

Even though I quite digged it, the workflow kept me from making tracks. Even though it's easy to get used, it was very limited in the beginning.

A couple of months ago I saw a trailer of the MPC X and I was sold instantly and I decided to sell the SP-16 and I could only get rid of it for Eu1150 after 3 months because that same exact day, 3 other people decided to sell it for Eu1000. The thing costs Eu1600 over here (NL).

Pioneer is really getting wiped because of the 1) Live because it can do alot more (And the DS filters really won't sell a system) and it costs less. 2) MPC X because it can do even more for only Eu200 more. People know it.

Only thing Akai needs to do is delivering good software. But since I know how Pioneer screwed that one up with the SP-16 and how it made me feel, I don't care to wait a little longer.

Has anyone played with the X/Live like tested software wise where possible? And is it complete?

Thanks!
By jpeg Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:25 am
Eyalc wrote:
rookie wrote:They may have let the cat out of the bag too soon, just to get to Namm, instead of perfecting the product first, another misfire.

Actually it may have been the FCC leak that forced their hand a bit.

not really cos new hardware aside they were already behind schedule in delivering the 2.0 software for the touch users.

so they cannot say 2.0 was exclusively developed for the new hardware hence the delay; 2.0 was partially the basis on which they sold the touch and to some extent the studio black.
By jpeg Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:28 am
starmanwarz wrote:

Hmmmmmm.

Personally I'd never go back to my 2500. After I sold it a month ago to fund the X I never looked back. I think it's way too archaic for today's standards. It gets the job done though. Dunno about the 4K.

I never did hear them mention that u can upgrade the drive in X but i guess u would assume that is the case.

but again u have to wonder why they did not also make the RAM upgradeable