Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By conrad Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Hi

Does anyone have any docs on how JJOS saves the NDC info in the WAV file ?

I'm going to start pulling it apart in a hex editor but no need to re-invent the wheel if someone already has the info.

Edit :

Looking at writing a converter utility from JJOS Wave files to the way sound forge does regions / markers and possibly MPC Studio software.

Original:
Looking at writing a converter utility between the way sound forge does regions / markers and possibly MPC Studio software.
Last edited by conrad on Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TheUnfuckwithable Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:28 pm
The JJOS handles things differently from the "MPC" software.

So no need to investigate JJ´s way when you actually need to know how the "MPC" software does things...
By conrad Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:04 pm
I'm puzzled why you think I don't need to know the format JJOS uses when I want to convert from it to two (other) pieces of software.
By conrad Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:39 pm
I can see re-reading it, the last sentence of my post is a little ambiguous. I'll edit it.
By conrad Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:01 am
I can see looking in a hex editor he using the smpl chunk of the wave file. there is extra data in the
the cbSamplerData is longer on a sample with NDC chops defined, there is also additional data after the SMPL chunk itself.
I will have to write down the start and end points of each chop in the sample tomorrow and compare that to what I'm seeing in the hex editor.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:37 am
I don't think this has been done before, would be great to have something that can convert between all the various NDC and patched phrase formats (I assume they are all ultimately quite similar as they all involve embedding the chop region data).

There's 5 in total; JJOS NDC, jjos patch phrase (mono), Akai OS patched phrase (stereo chop 2.0 in the most recent Akai OS), MPC Software NDC and MPC Software patched phrase.
By conrad Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:55 pm
Im just going to concentrate on JJ ndc for now, although I may look at the others in due course although spending that level of time on it may mean making it a paid for tool.

It looks fairly obvious where the chop start and end points are in the data, just need to figure out what the data before it means now.
By conrad Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:47 am
Coming soon!

And no it's not sound forge!

The look will change away from the soundforge look eventually.
By conrad Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:39 am
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /rcastilla/jjchop/index.htm on this server.