Technical questions for the MPC2000xl and the MPC2000
By Kdose Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:41 pm
Does the MPC2000xl has a software that uses all the same files and extentions (for example .ALL .APS...)? Im looking for an alternative to run all my files and patterns without using my MPC. As technology evolves, i don’t wanna really use this big monster anymore, however, i created a lot of songs on it that id like to save. I guess, what im saying is i need my MPC2000xl but inside my computer!

Please help. Thank you!
By Kdose Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:43 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:The MPC Software loads MPC2000XL projects, not perfectly, but it will do it. You'll have to get a Touch or MPC Studio though (or Live/X when they arrive). Download the free trial from akaipro.com

Thanks! Are there any other software that'll do the job that don't require me to buy extra hardware?
By MPC-Tutor Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:46 pm
If you save the MPC sequences as individual MIDI files they'll load into any DAW. Battery and Maschine both load PGM files. But you won't find anything that supports APS and ALL (to my knowledge...). Just remember that MPC specific MIDI events cannot be transferred over, such as 16 level 'tuning' events, note variation events etc.
By Kdose Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:51 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:If you save the MPC sequences as individual MIDI files they'll load into any DAW. Battery and Maschine both load PGM files. But you won't find anything that supports APS and ALL (to my knowledge...). Just remember that MPC specific MIDI events cannot be transferred over, such as 16 level 'tuning' events, note variation events etc.

Ok thanks for the info!