Sub-forum for discussion about the DAWs and mobile apps that you use with your MPCs
By Coz Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:22 pm
distortedtekno wrote:Gadget just got a new update and iWavestation is released with Milpitas for Gadget.

That's another 20 quid you've cost me DT! :lol:

I think this one might be the best yet. I'm not sure why you can't save your sounds in Gadget though? :hmmm:
By distortedtekno Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:28 am
Coz wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:Gadget just got a new update and iWavestation is released with Milpitas for Gadget.

That's another 20 quid you've cost me DT! :lol:

I think this one might be the best yet. I'm not sure why you can't save your sounds in Gadget though? :hmmm:

:lol: I knew you weren't gonna wait for a sale. I wasn't gonna wait either. That could be several months from now. I've been wanting this for a while now. Totally worth $20 to use on my iPad, iPhone, and in Gadget. I just got back from work, so I didn't get time to play around with it much. So I haven't caught up with the limitations you came across yet. But now that I'm kickin' back, I'm gonna take a look at that and try to import some random presets I saved on my phone while I was at work.
By Coz Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:53 pm
distortedtekno wrote::lol: I knew you weren't gonna wait for a sale.

I bought the Moog Model 15, iSEM and iVCS3 in the sale, so I thought I'd grab this at full price. I'm totally inundated with synths now! :mrgreen:
By distortedtekno Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:37 am
Coz wrote:
distortedtekno wrote::lol: I knew you weren't gonna wait for a sale.

I bought the Moog Model 15, iSEM and iVCS3 in the sale, so I thought I'd grab this at full price. I'm totally inundated with synths now! :mrgreen:

Good choices. All 3 are very good emulations in my book. BTW we also ended up saving money on iWavestation, as I noticed it's 33% off until January 5th. :nod:
By Coz Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:55 pm
distortedtekno wrote:BTW we also ended up saving money on iWavestation, as I noticed it's 33% off until January 5th. :nod:

That's good to know. It's a great synth for the money. 8)

I noticed Gadget is now at version 2.9. I'm wondering what 3.0 will bring... :popcorn:
By distortedtekno Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:42 pm
Coz wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:BTW we also ended up saving money on iWavestation, as I noticed it's 33% off until January 5th. :nod:

That's good to know. It's a great synth for the money. 8)

I noticed Gadget is now at version 2.9. I'm wondering what 3.0 will bring... :popcorn:

Yeah, I was just looking at the version number yesterday and that caught me by surprise as well. They went from 2.6 right up to 2.9, which leads me to believe they're ready to get on with working on 3.0. From looking at the dates of the updates, 3.0 could be here by February. :popcorn:
By distortedtekno Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:15 pm
I just found out about an easter egg in iWavestation. They must have hired JJ because there's a Pong game built in. Go to the INFO button on the top left. Press where it says Version 1.0.2 and that'll take you into the game.

By distortedtekno Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:03 pm
So I got a Korg Nanokey Studio for Christmas. This controller really changes things for me. I'm really enjoying Gadget even more with it's built-in mapping. This compact but powerful little setup makes me feel less interested in the new MPCs that were leaked. It's cool being able to sit on the couch and make some music without having cables get in the way. My Novation Launchkey 25 is cool. But it's a bit too large to sit down with comfortably. I was gonna sell it. But the Launchkey makes a good Reason controller with it's own built-in mapping as well. Plus it takes up less desktop space than my Axiom 49.
By distortedtekno Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:45 pm
I had no idea that Virsyn app was an AU. I gotta have a look at that. I still gotta catch up on Beatmaker 3 specs. If it don't host AUs then I'll pass. Speaking of AUs, have you tried Troublemaker yet? Best TB-303 emulation on iOS so far, and it also runs standalone with Ableton Link.

Troublemaker by Bram Bos
https://appsto.re/us/IVVygb.i
By Lampdog Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:40 am
inflict3 wrote:any of y'all see the BM3 specs yet?? http://intua.net/?mwr=3100-e25142fe

I am ALL about BM3 when it comes out!

I like what I'm reading.
By v00d00ppl Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:43 pm
Recife update added to Korg gadget. 16 pad drum sampler. I'll let you know how it is when I get home.
By distortedtekno Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:04 pm
v00d00ppl wrote:Recife update added to Korg gadget. 16 pad drum sampler. I'll let you know how it is when I get home.

It's only a drum module, not a sampler. I compared it with Bilbao. The difference is Bilbao imports samples. Recife doesn't.
Recife has a repeat function. Bilbao doesn't.
Seems rather disappointing. They should've just added a repeat function in Bilbao and been done with it. But on the more positive side, we have Zurich and Rosario. Now all I need is an audio interface.