New to the MPC production world? Got a music production question that's not really specific to any particular MPC? Try your luck here and get help from our experienced members.
By Geeza Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:21 pm
Hi guys, tanks in advance for any tips or help.

So I just starting out on the ukg 2step expansion. In the kits you get for e.g. A bass note and three piano chords.

I presume it's best to map the bass across the midi keyboard in the software but how am I gonna know what key the samples are in?

Thanks
By Geeza Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:08 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Didn't they put the key in the sample name or in the ROOT NOTE setting in sample edit?

In the sample editor every sample says c3 for the root but the chords aren't named with key sigs.
I just find it strange for expansion packs not to be labeled fullly.
By MPC-Tutor Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:21 am
Geeza wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:I just find it strange for expansion packs not to be labeled fullly.

Lol, welcome to the current state of the sound development market. Most sound packs appear to be thrown together in an afternoon, there's little interest in adding the little 'niceties' that 10 years ago would have been considered essential. So it doesn't surprise me that they didn't bother to put the key in the musical samples. I get sent a lot of sound packs for consideration, most of them are poorly edited (or not edited at all), poorly organsied, no consideration taken when naming files, littered with errors, missing files etc.

I can't comment on the pack you mention as I haven't seen it in the flesh - it might just be a genuine oversight in an otherwise well made collection.

BTW I agree with the guitar tuner app suggestion :nod:
By Geeza Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:15 am
terry towelling wrote:do you have a guitar tuner hanging around the house? or there is probably a tuner app tha twill so the job.

Thanks for this tip. Ive never tried this before but I will give it a go. Many thanks
By Geeza Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:17 am
Agree, I thought as this is an official Akai expansion it would have all the chords and keys marked

Have you seen this in any of the there expansions on the official site?

Thanks