MPC Software & MPC Beats Forum: Bug reports, feature suggestions and discussion for the MPC Software and the free 'MPC Beats' application for Mac/PC. If you have hardware-specific questions, please post in the relevant MPC sub-forum.
By Mistamixx Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:15 pm
Ill-Green wrote:According to this guy, 2.0 leak is confirmed.

He's right! but he wasn't the first, or the only one who wanted to complete projects with the mpc without using anything else.
By bobbybland Sun May 14, 2017 1:34 pm
They didn't do much of shit to the browser in 2.0 not sure what the big deal is with the upgrade in 2.0 at all, at this point, I'm waiting to see what they will offer in a update.. if ever
By MPC-Tutor Sun May 14, 2017 2:14 pm
bobbybland wrote:They didn't do much of **** to the browser in 2.0

In the hardware, they've basically added a search box, but it only searches the current directory. In the software they've added a media browser but it's very basic and doesn't let you add your own user library or custom tagging, so isn't really a 'media browser' in the way most people would expect. Disappointing.
By chino Wed May 17, 2017 1:48 am
[quote="MPC-Tutor"
In the hardware, they've basically added a search box, but it only searches the current directory. In the software they've added a media browser but it's very basic and doesn't let you add your own user library or custom tagging, so isn't really a 'media browser' in the way most people would expect. Disappointing.

I really want the Live to be my all in one portable sampler/drum machine solution BUT…. The more I research and dig deeper, the more I begin to question WTF was Akai doing for 18 months??!! :WTF:

I blame this on ROLAND!! YES I said it's Roland's fault!! Had Roland released a portable version of their MV8800 with an updated GUI & a faster CPU… I wouldn't even be looking at buying the Live. Akai knows they have no real competition(YET) so they can be smug & omit all the features they want! :shock: :popcorn:
By mcroepster Thu May 25, 2017 9:01 pm
Akai has released a bunch of 2.0 vids yesterday which makes me wonder if the software will also very soon be available for my Ren. ?

peace :smoker:
By dez perado Sat May 27, 2017 6:02 am
mcroepster wrote:Akai has released a bunch of 2.0 vids yesterday which makes me wonder if the software will also very soon be available for my Ren. ?

i hope your right but don't get your hopes up too high .we probably won't be seeing 2.0 until the x drops
By MPC-Tutor Sat May 27, 2017 7:43 am
chino wrote:The more I research and dig deeper, the more I begin to question WTF was Akai doing for 18 months??!! :WTF:

I can only assume that there must have been something causing a seriously major headache that completely dominated most of the development cycle so far, because most of the modes are basically unchanged from 1.9.6 (expect for the different colour skin), many of the new features are still works in progress and they still haven't added a way to edit automation in standalone (no modifier lane or list editor) plus all sorts of other missing features that are apparently coming soon but you'd have expected to be there from the day they launched the Live.
By mcroepster Sun May 28, 2017 1:05 am
dez perado wrote:
mcroepster wrote:Akai has released a bunch of 2.0 vids yesterday which makes me wonder if the software will also very soon be available for my Ren. ?

i hope your right but don't get your hopes up too high .we probably won't be seeing 2.0 until the x drops

I don't. Because I got mpc Ren since 1.0. :mrgreen: :shock: :evil:
But it is bugging me.
Why would you release a vid claiming that version 2.0 is also for the Ren and etc but not dropping it or giving it a release date. :Sigh:

By GedaBlaq Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:59 am

I don't. Because I got mpc Ren since 1.0
. :mrgreen: :shock: :evil:
But it is bugging me.
Why would you release a vid claiming that version 2.0 is also for the Ren and etc but not dropping it or giving it a release date. :Sigh:

^^^ THIS!^^^

All Ren 1.0 adopters who've stayed with the ship should receive 2.0 for free as well.
AKAI could easily verify when you purchased your Ren thru the registration/ serial number.
We have been thru HELL with AKAI since literally day one. Where's that "early adopter" loyalty & love AKAI?!?
(Sorry if it's been said before. I just got back) 8)
By Living Bate Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:35 pm
GedaBlaq wrote:Ren 1.0 adopters who've stayed with the ship should receive 2.0 for free

this wouldn't include me but i agree with it anyway......it wouldn't hurt to see Akai giving something back....

in my book its a far more respectable approach than the one they have taken.....
By mcroepster Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:27 pm
GedaBlaq wrote:
I don't. Because I got mpc Ren since 1.0
. :mrgreen: :shock: :evil:
But it is bugging me.

^^^ THIS!^^^

All Ren 1.0 adopters who've stayed with the ship should receive 2.0 for free as well.
AKAI could easily verify when you purchased your Ren thru the registration/ serial number.
We have been thru HELL with AKAI since literally day one. Where's that "early adopter" loyalty & love AKAI?!?
(Sorry if it's been said before. I just got back) 8)

Exactly!!!

By TheUnfuckwithable Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:57 pm
GedaBlaq wrote:Where's that "early adopter" loyalty & love AKAI?!?

You won´t see something like this from Nukai ever. They are known for not giving a sh!t about customer care.

Remember when they botched the pad design on the MPC 1000 and asked their customers to pay for the fix?

:Sigh: