MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By zangetsu01 Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:52 am
coolderb wrote:
Ill-Green wrote:
2 days deep into Superbooth '17 and not a peep from Akai. They there :evil:

All I hear are the new Behringer synth and Digitakt are the rage.

This just in from Pete (Goodliffe):

abal @kejlabal
8h
@petegoodliffe Hey Pete, who can tell us what's going on with the MPCs ? Software ? Hardware ?
Retweet
More options
Pete Goodliffe
@petegoodliffe
Replying to @kejlabal
You will very shortly hear some software news; I've just written a video script.

10:30am · 20 Apr 2017 · Twitter for iPhone

For some reason he only answers kejlabal questions.. They might be besties behind the scene lol..
By Icepulse Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:57 pm
Personally, my feelings have evolved on this issue. At this point, I imagine getting a new MPC Live, playing with it for 20 min., and then watching in horror as it freezes up or reboots itself.

My guess is they're not going to take any chances, and they're drilling the hell out of the units, to prevent any chance of this.

IDGAF if they stay mum on it. GET IT RIGHT. That's all that matters.

Until then, I'll use what I've got.
By chino Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:51 pm
Icepulse wrote:Personally, my feelings have evolved on this issue. At this point, I imagine getting a new MPC Live, playing with it for 20 min., and then watching in horror as it freezes up or reboots itself.

My guess is they're not going to take any chances, and they're drilling the hell out of the units, to prevent any chance of this.

THIS ^^^…..WOW. +1000! I completely agree!! :nod: :nod: :nod:
By Living Bate Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:15 pm
chino wrote:
Icepulse wrote:Personally, my feelings have evolved on this issue. At this point, I imagine getting a new MPC Live, playing with it for 20 min., and then watching in horror as it freezes up or reboots itself.

THIS ^^^…..WOW. +1000! I completely agree!! :nod: :nod: :nod:

thats all well and good, but if that's the case then stop putting out all these videos acting like you got the top banana product.....
By Icepulse Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:23 pm
Living Bate wrote:thats all well and good, but if that's the case then stop putting out all these videos acting like you got the top banana product.....

It's business. They're going to advertise a new flagship product.

Gotta admit, they're doing something right w/ this combination of videos and secrecy. The Live and X Seem to be top sellers on the pre-order scene. Anticipation is running red hot.
By Icepulse Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:02 pm
It really does put retailers in a hell of a position, though. I mean, they want to get those pre-orders, and they certainly don't want to be the last one on the block to have it on their site for pre-order, but Akai leaves them guessing...
By Ill-Green Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:27 pm
Well, Akai opened a can of worms going software. They should of stood hardware during the release of the Ren and the software should have been an extension of the hardware, not the other way around. I guess they realized that later but now they created a monster and instead of being in a class all on its own, they have to compete with other DAW softwares like Ableton and Logic because its becoming demanding. If I was Akai, I say **** 2.0 and just release the MPCs and let it sample off the USB as well as sending\receiving MIDI data to record in 3rd party DAWs and thats it.
By richie Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:50 pm
You all think it's a joke about sea piracy. That's how I once got a whole pallet of 2.5" Western Digital Scorpio hard drives years ago.
By Danoc Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:34 am
Hahaaahaaa lol Zang are you trying to tell us something? :lol:

zangetsu01 wrote:This just in from Pete (Goodliffe):

abal @kejlabal
8h
@petegoodliffe Hey Pete, who can tell us what's going on with the MPCs ? Software ? Hardware ?
Retweet
More options
Pete Goodliffe
@petegoodliffe
Replying to @kejlabal
You will very shortly hear some software news; I've just written a video script.

10:30am · 20 Apr 2017 · Twitter for iPhone

For some reason he only answers kejlabal questions.. They might be besties behind the scene lol..[/quote]