Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By dryad-66 Tue May 16, 2017 12:57 am
Having an issue with the 1000 where say i have a sample i want to play over a two bar loop gets cut off before its played out!!!!!!The more busy the rhythm the quicker it gets cut to the point it might as well not be there :Sigh: Man its very stupid and i remember it happening back in the old days of my 2ooo.Tried changing the program but to no avail.Really getting into this box at the moment and its sitting next to the 4ooo too :nod:
Please tell me its all just a bad dream and ill wake up in the morning with a solution just under this post that will make me feel like a right wally :worthy:
By ngyagi Tue May 16, 2017 1:36 am
Polyphony? The 1K only supports 32 voices (16stereo) IIRC. So, either convert some pads to mono, or resample some stems to combine them, or trim tails of samples where they're not needed. I was surprised how quickly voices get used up when finger drumming over loops, then realised a bunch of my drums were stereo...
By dryad-66 Thu May 18, 2017 12:23 am
I find it impossible to believe no body has noticed this problem with there mpc yet.I know its not just mine cos it used to happen with the 2000 as well.Would like some feedback or i think this site is sleeping.

Once again,if i have a long sample playing and then bring in some looping percussion the long sample cuts off.There does not seem to be any reason for this.Anyone noticed this huge workflow killer ??thanx