Bug reports & end-user support for Akai's MPC Software 'controllers' including the new MPC Studio 2, the MPC Touch, MPC Renaissance & original MPC Studio and MPC StudioB lack.
By TarikhMizan Fri May 19, 2017 7:30 am
Were you a first adapter of the renaissance? I was and it sucked. Anyway I feel what a lot of people are saying about Akai and forgetting about products that helped there companies bottom line but was flawed and buggy. I'm having zero issues with the live so far, the touch was buggy too. What y'all feel?
By Living Bate Fri May 19, 2017 8:22 am
I wasn't an early adopter of the Renaissance. If I was i'd probably be threatening Akai staff on Reddit, or chillin in Bermuda or something...

But I picked it up at 1.8 and I have to say I've found it a pleasure to work with. I was surprised they chose to discontinue it when they did, but it was always pretty obvious they were going to replace it with something similar.

That being the X of course.

I'll be sticking with the Renaissance though i think.....looking forward to 2.0
By IMAKEMADBEATS Tue May 23, 2017 8:36 pm
I think i was the first or second person in Memphis with a Renaissance.

That 1.0 software was less capable than some softwares I'd used over a decade ago. It was pretty bad.

But its, I think, 5 years later. If you look at the schedule of how these things roll out, its about time. 2.0's integration with the Ren I doubt will ever be perfect, but it'll "work" im sure.

..for now at least..
I imagine as updates are released after 2.0, it'll get further and further from making things work well with the Ren. At some point it'll get left behind.
By Nmisoldier Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:29 am
IMAKEMADBEATS wrote:I think i was the first or second person in Memphis with a Renaissance.

That 1.0 software was less capable than some softwares I'd used over a decade ago. It was pretty bad.

But its, I think, 5 years later. If you look at the schedule of how these things roll out, its about time. 2.0's integration with the Ren I doubt will ever be perfect, but it'll "work" im sure.

..for now at least..
I imagine as updates are released after 2.0, it'll get further and further from making things work well with the Ren. At some point it'll get left behind.

Hey imakemadbeats
I'm also from Memphis but now I live in Vegas. I just purchased a bunch of plugins but when I try to scan to add plugins to the ren, the ren stops working. Do you have any advise?
By Living Bate Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:50 pm
Nmisoldier wrote: I just purchased a bunch of plugins but when I try to scan to add plugins to the ren, the ren stops working. Do you have any advise?

maybe try one by one?....root out the problematic one(s).....
By kaydigi Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:08 am
Nmisoldier wrote:
IMAKEMADBEATS wrote:I think i was the first or second person in Memphis with a Renaissance.

..for now at least..

Hey imakemadbeats
I'm also from Memphis but now I live in Vegas. I just purchased a bunch of plugins but when I try to scan to add plugins to the ren, the ren stops working. Do you have any advise?

Post your exact specs.
By rookie Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:59 pm
The sound card on the Ren sucked. I liked the look of it and the ins and outs. Right now I'm rocking a Touch , which I slept on.